PPFD too high?

• Thread starter biggredd9903
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggredd9903

biggredd9903

Hey all.
Lurker who finally decided to post with a stupid question. I've got an indoor grow tent 5'x5' with 2 Spyder SF-2000 for 4 plants. I've got everything setup and just transplanted by baby seedlings in 4" small pots. This is my 2nd grow but my 1st using LEDs. I have an HF Par meter and measured ~620-650 umol/m^2/s at a distance of 62" from bottom of light to leaf. Everything I've read stated that seedlings should be 200-400 and early-later veg should be 400-600, where 600+ for flowering. Is it detrimental to be as high as 600 so early? I have no more room to raise my lights. Would being 62" be too far? I def don't want any lanky babies. I suppose I could just do one light but measuring the one still registered ~600. Thoughts? Am I over thinking it?
Thanks!

BigCube

BigCube

I dont know about that. In a 5x5 that's less than you should be running.
I'm basically running the same thing in a 3x3.

I do know that the hydrofarm par meter is well known for being a very poor par meter. In fact, the worst on the market. From what I've seen. So I wouldn't put much trust in that meter if it was me.

You should be good getting as far away as you can from it. Not familiar with the overpriced "name brand" models of the 240w quantum boards. But I would hope at 3x the price they came with dimmers.

Good luck man!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I would say start from the farthest away possible to you and adjust accordigly....
dont worry about beein too far but always keep an eye on beeing too close...thats the problem with bright LED...also the led burn is different from a HID burn
Those lights are very bright, be ready to up your feedings of N , Mg, Ca an try to select genetics that do not stretch too much..
I have similar issues with my LED that are from spectrum king and i running em a lot more farther, 30 inches more than reccomended in veg and 15-20 in flower

Anthem

Anthem

Hey all.
Lurker who finally decided to post with a stupid question. I've got an indoor grow tent 5'x5' with 2 Spyder SF-2000 for 4 plants. I've got everything setup and just transplanted by baby seedlings in 4" small pots. This is my 2nd grow but my 1st using LEDs. I have an HF Par meter and measured ~620-650 umol/m^2/s at a distance of 62" from bottom of light to leaf. Everything I've read stated that seedlings should be 200-400 and early-later veg should be 400-600, where 600+ for flowering. Is it detrimental to be as high as 600 so early? I have no more room to raise my lights. Would being 62" be too far? I def don't want any lanky babies. I suppose I could just do one light but measuring the one still registered ~600. Thoughts? Am I over thinking it?
Thanks!
The plant will tell you if the light is too much. Look for the leaves to canoe at the top of plant. Also it sounds like you have a height issue with the tent. You better keep an eye on the over plant height moving forward. Lets say you have a 80" tall tent. Figure 6" from top of tent to bottom of LED fixture, 18" of space at peak of flower to prevent burn. You might be able to get it closer but hear this out. We are at 24" of vertical height. Lets say we have 12" of pot height, 36" of overall vertical height total now. That leaves 44" for the plant at finish. Assume the plant will stretch 50 percent in transition. So you have to flip when it reaches 29" from the grow media. Just keep this in mind moving forward, also some plants stretch more than others so look up information on the strain and verify stretch and adjust accordingly.

ZkB_LED

ZkB_LED

I think your driver on a spider farmer have a dimmer under but be very careful do it at your own risk because i know meanwell driver can be overcloked to almost 30% more. there is a guy with a moustache talking about spiderfarmer leds on youtube he have 1 video os doing a overclock on a spider farmer lamps.

Top Bottom