Ppm 3500 on coco loco runoff water

• Thread starter linuxr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
linuxr

linuxr

I noticed my plants had some nutrient burn and check my runoff water and it was 3500 ppm. I am using coco loco and the plants are just over a month old. I have only fed them 1 time and with 450 ppm gn flora series nutes. I flushed the hell out of them with ro water and the ppm will not come down. Any idea wtf is going on? Bad soil?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I can't speculate on the coco itself, but with regard to the nute burn, how often are you watering? One possibility is that if you're doing long drybacks, your EC in the root zone is rising as it gets drier. Just a possibility.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I noticed my plants had some nutrient burn and check my runoff water and it was 3500 ppm. I am using coco loco and the plants are just over a month old. I have only fed them 1 time and with 450 ppm gn flora series nutes. I flushed the hell out of them with ro water and the ppm will not come down. Any idea wtf is going on? Bad soil?
Your in coco at a month old and have only fed once? That’s your issue right there, you should feed coco every time you water and never use just plain water.

linuxr

linuxr

Not coco, it's fox farms bush master coco loco. Its got all the nutes plants needs for the first 3 weeks. I've been watering with calmag ro water when ever it needs it. I made the mistake of not checking my runoff and gave them 450ppm of nutes. The next time they needed water I did a pour through and the ppm was from 2800 to 3500 on the runoff.

I have grown in coco loco before and did not have this problem. But that grow I was checking ppm and ph every watering.

I think this batch I got was somehow very hot.

anaissoto21

anaissoto21

This is completely normal. Do not flush! Coco Loco is not plain coco and has nutrients in it. These are nutrients that are not broken down and available for your plants yet. They will break down over time.

I use plain coco loco straight from seed. I use RO water with CalMag only. I don’t start feeding nutes until a week before flower. Usually 4 weeks after planting. But only a tiny bit because around that time I also transplant and add brand new coco loco to the bigger pot. This reintroduces fresh nutrients.

Latest posts

Top Bottom