• Thread starter Imzzaudae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

My problem was this.
My intent is to feed my plant 250 ppm/N

Web search Cannabis feeding ppm.
Cannabis enjoys 500-600 ppm after cloning, 800-900 ppm when vegetating, and 1000-1100 ppm when flowering.
800-900 ppm. Knowing your PPM helps you avoid possible burning by letting you know when to adjust the amount of nutrient minerals you add to your water.

If I take my a fertilizer I use regularly.
Take 1 Liter water and add 1 teaspoon of 5-15-5 how many ppm am I feeding my plant and of what?
Then do the same calculation again using 12-6-6. How many ppm am I giving my plant? And and of what. Obviously the ppm values of N,P and K are going to be very different.
I took a lot of scrounging around to find this incredible little video.
I had to watch it a few times before I got it so grab a sheet of paper a penile and a calculator. Run threw it a couple of times.
Hope this helps anyone struggling to understand what they are feeding there plants.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Keeping run-off in mind: the ideal standard for runoff out of any medium is 30% of the solution you put in.
This is adjusted primarily by drainage medium being added, or more solution being added in the instance of RW or similar prefab mediums.
By keeping this 30% you are keeping the unused nutrients flushed and refreshed resulting in a uniform availability of NPK and all other micros, etc.
Be sure to measure your solution vs runoff with a reliable and well calibrated PPM or EC device; this is the best way to keep an eye on nutrient content and uptake.

TIP: Factor in the PPM content of your straight H20 before adding the nutrient solution if your target PPM is very specific; water sources can range from 50-300+ PPM right our of the tap.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

My problem was this.
My intent is to feed my plant 250 ppm/N

Web search Cannabis feeding ppm.
Cannabis enjoys 500-600 ppm after cloning, 800-900 ppm when vegetating, and 1000-1100 ppm when flowering.
800-900 ppm. Knowing your PPM helps you avoid possible burning by letting you know when to adjust the amount of nutrient minerals you add to your water.

If I take my a fertilizer I use regularly.
Take 1 Liter water and add 1 teaspoon of 5-15-5 how many ppm am I feeding my plant and of what?
Then do the same calculation again using 12-6-6. How many ppm am I giving my plant? And and of what. Obviously the ppm values of N,P and K are going to be very different.
I took a lot of scrounging around to find this incredible little video.
I had to watch it a few times before I got it so grab a sheet of paper a penile and a calculator. Run threw it a couple of times.
Hope this helps anyone struggling to understand what they are feeding there plants.
My brain 🧠 hurts great video

Z

Zill

PN,

Where did the 30% nutrient in run off water come from? Why should I measure/calculate incoming water ppm and include those numbers when I’m calculating N:P:K ratios? Does my water hardness even contain n,p or k.

Z.

Top Bottom