PPM Drop

• Thread starter Ketamine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ketamine

Ketamine

I have always been a less is better kind of person when it comes to hydro nutes. I am doing a flood to drain in rockwool. In Veg I was about 300 PPM and I noticed the plants were starving. I am flipping to flower this week and have done a res change after a one day flush. I refilled res and added nutes to 500 PPM. I flooded/fed the table and I wanted to see out of curiosity what the PPM's werew and after they dropped to 360PPM. I was bewildered and wondered if the plants sucked that many nutes up in ONE feeding? TIA

pr3tti

pr3tti

So weird. Same thing happened to me yesterday after I purchased Potassium Silicate and added it to the rez. Only other difference is I also stopped using GH Ph Down because it has citric acid which was clouding my rez.

I've only ever seen ppm drop 40-50ppm after 1 day. I am at week 4 veg @ 400 ppm and saw signs of deficiencies so i bumped it to 600 ppm and within 6 hours I measure again and it's at 500 ppm. 100 ppm in 6 hours? Is that even possible?

Ketamine

Ketamine

So weird. Same thing happened to me yesterday after I purchased Potassium Silicate and added it to the rez. Only other difference is I also stopped using GH Ph Down because it has citric acid which was clouding my rez.

I've only ever seen ppm drop 40-50ppm after 1 day. I am at week 4 veg @ 400 ppm and saw signs of deficiencies so i bumped it to 600 ppm and within 6 hours I measure again and it's at 500 ppm. 100 ppm in 6 hours? Is that even possible?
Yeah I believe it is our plants starving.....I went to 600 ppm tonight and fed them and when I was done (20 mins) I was at 490 ppm,so yeah I think I just never paid that much attn to PPM's,and focused solely on PH levels.

pr3tti

pr3tti

Yeah I believe it is our plants starving.....I went to 600 ppm tonight and fed them and when I was done (20 mins) I was at 490 ppm,so yeah I think I just never paid that much attn to PPM's,and focused solely on PH levels.

My deficiencies looked like this. in DWC. Not sure how yours looked. These are on the oldest leaves and occurred 10 days ago. No more new signs after increasing PPM to 600+ I also stopped using tap water and bought a Zero Water Pitcher which I pour only Fridge filtered water into. The water that comes out of the Pitcher is 0 ppm now. I think i had too much calcium carbonate in the water with 160ppm tap water which locked out other nutrients like potassium and magnesium.

IMG 5787

Latest posts

Top Bottom