Ppm Ec Levels Dropping Fast

• Thread starter Ezeh Beleza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ezeh Beleza

Ezeh Beleza

Hi people.

I'm not sure if this is a problem but it sure seems odd - if it's something I need to nip in the bud maybe someone here can help.

there's also a connected side issue.

Right, PPM levels are dropping fast. pH is stable at 5.9. Week 3 of flower.

I'm growing 'recon' in a flood and drain system which has separate pots with airstones.

Just after xmas refilled 200litres in main res, set ec or ppm (more about this issue in a mo) at what my pen said was 14. pH was 6. The water was very cold, around 7C so i left it to warm a while but it went into the system around 13C.

Next day ec/ppm dropped to 7 whilst pH stayed 6

I added more nutes, up to 14, balanced pH to 6.

Today ec/ppm dropped again to 7. pH 5.9.

Plants look great.

Are they just eating hungrily?

My nute (H&G) schedule recommends ec 1.4 - 1.6 at this stage.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether my tds meter is ec or ppm . If it's ppm then I have an ec of 2.0. (my tds meter says on the front x100 so I'm guessing it's appm meter - i'll try to add a pic of it)

I'm thinking maybe I should crain system and redo but I just did it a week ago, pre the 200 litres it was empty.

Any thoughts'd be appreciated.

thanks

A*

potter007

potter007

i am so confused.. and i think thats why 17 people came and then they left... lol specify and make it as easy as possible to follow.. and remember we are stoned 99% of the time like you.. make it easy.

but every time your girls take a sip of water their feeding, etc. sometimes its more water than nutes other times its more nutes than water i guess. lol search "ppm dropping but my ph is table" or something along the sorts.. and you should find threads that are similar to what yo are facing.. lol maybe.. i am still confused though..

But honestly brother some people use math and find out exactly what their girls drank the meal before. Others just top off with water until its time to feed again. You will find experts that do both to perfection.

If your girls are happy why do you think something is wrong. Read the plants not meters.

and some nutes or ph stable lol at least how they market themselves to be in range at all times.

Plants doing good NO STRESS.. be blessed

Ezeh Beleza

Ezeh Beleza

that's what I thought.
obvious, really.
ps. 007 I did search first, many terms, surprising no more threads for my nonexistant problem

thanks folks

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

It's not a problem, 4 people at the dinner table all look healthy, put food down, come back food is gone people look healthy.

“Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen.
Keep in the sunlight.”
Benjamin Franklin

potter007

potter007

that's what I thought.
obvious, really.
ps. 007 I did search first, many terms, surprising no more threads for my nonexistant problem

thanks folks

It's not a problem, 4 people at the dinner table all look healthy, put food down, come back food is gone people look healthy.

“Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen.
Keep in the sunlight.”
Benjamin Franklin

lol exactly @Canalchemist.. the laws of attraction always remeber that..Not just in your grow room, but with every step you take.. Positive people, breed positive energy, creating positive situations..

and @ben10 their is also a place called ganjadigger it sweeps the whole internet for future references. and if you cant find nothing 10 out of 10 times there is no problem.. remember 7 billion people plus in this world, everything has happen more than once. we are not that special for crazy miracle things to happen to just our plants.. so dont stress it brother, you are just doing really really well.. be blessed again.

Ezeh Beleza

Ezeh Beleza

True say.
Tho' it seems problem was faulty EC meter.
& I kept adding more nutes thinking the girls were real hungry
The girls are the best meter I have, really. Just a matter of learning the earliest signs. Paying attention to them.
The girls are telling me 'too much!'
Time to drain & refill system.

Top Bottom