PPM for Hydro

• Thread starter senate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

senate

Hi. Im trying to figure out the correct PPM ranges for both veg and bloom in hydro. The guy at the store said for soilless to keep ppms 0-500 for veg and 500-1000 for bloom. Is this the same for pure hydro? When I read about the Lucas Formula, it looks like Lucas is giving plants in veg around 1000-1300ppm. If Im reading correctly he's going with about 1300ppm from start to finish (veg through flower).

Can someone please clear this up for me? Thank you.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
need to know what conversion your meter is. .5 or .7. Read teh package insert is should say there.

S

senate

I dont have a clue. Not sure where the box is. Its a Sunleaves TDS pen.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I prob wouldn't veg at 0 ppm lol

LOL.

You can use plain (o ppm) water for cuts and seeds for a few days, but thats about it.

CAll the company and find out the conversion, or ask your hydro guy.

EDIT: return that KOrean piece of trash. Whats really funny is that meter reading up to 9,999 ppms. Now thats some holy hot shit.

K

kdub4201

I veg between 800-1000 at full veg 1.0 ec and full flower from 1200 to 1500 ppm at a .7 conversion but every plants different read your plants start low and work your way up. When you see burnt tips back it down a bit. You'll get it. You also can crank it up if your using co2. Clones around 300-600 the first few weeks. Peace

S

senate

So most PPM charts say to start low and gradually increase nutes. You are starting high and keeping it consistent. Looks like what the Lucas Formula does as well. He tries to maintain a PPM of 1300 at all times when under HID lights, from the start of veg til the end of flower (give or take). Obviously it works well since tons of people are using it. I'm just curious as to how the real high PPM can be good for the plant when all the standard PPM charts are so much lower (they only end with PPMs that high).

Thanks

K

kdub4201

Again its about the strain right now im running some ceres seeds white widow and at 1400 ppms and there doin wonder full with no sighns of burnt tips. I start at 300-600 for the first two weeks then 800-1000 then 1200-1500 for full flower works great every time with no problems. Im running canna nutes and its also what they recommend.

audius

audius

my understanding of this is to go by plant size, strain, & what your plant is telling you .i would never use full strenght unless i was growing trees. theres a point where the plants will only eat so much & the rest just sits there growing old & raising your ppms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom