PPM in flowering stage,need advice

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

i was searching for PPM in flowering stage,found many different ratios... what is best experience for you guys? need weekly or monthly ppm ratio. ill use flora trio+big bud for first month,second month i go for flora trio+overdrive.

Vagician

Vagician

I've redlined my babies as high as 2,000 ppm but that was mostly to see how much they could take and they definitely started to be stressed at that level. 1,000-1,250 ppm should be a good place for most plants, but it really depends on that nutrient line and your watering methods. In general you can follow what is listed on the bottles but keep in mind they like you to use their product as fast as possible without killing your plants so that you'll be back in the store buying more ASAP. You can usually do 1/2 to 3/4 of what a bottle says. Learn to read your plants for signs of stress and give them just a little less than what stresses them out.

threatco

threatco

It depends on how healthy your plants are, and if they have enough light and co2. From my personal experience, I found in DWC that 1100+ would cause issues. But since I have been doing ebb and flow I can maintain around 1300 without any burn. Under similar conditions, lots of light and no CO2 supplementation with Remo products.

My tap water starts out at about 30 ppm.

Lordly

Lordly

I've redlined my babies as high as 2,000 ppm but that was mostly to see how much they could take and they definitely started to be stressed at that level. 1,000-1,250 ppm should be a good place for most plants, but it really depends on that nutrient line and your watering methods. In general you can follow what is listed on the bottles but keep in mind they like you to use their product as fast as possible without killing your plants so that you'll be back in the store buying more ASAP. You can usually do 1/2 to 3/4 of what a bottle says. Learn to read your plants for signs of stress and give them just a little less than what stresses them out.
It depends on how healthy your plants are, and if they have enough light and co2. From my personal experience, I found in DWC that 1100+ would cause issues. But since I have been doing ebb and flow I can maintain around 1300 without any burn. Under similar conditions, lots of light and no CO2 supplementation with Remo products.

My tap water starts out at about 30 ppm.
thank you and happy growing 💚💜

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Same, I keep it under 800ppm whether I'm growing in promix, rockwool, coco, dont matter. Only reason I'd ever go higher is if I had Co2 supplementation and intense lights like DE HPS. But for a ventilated grow using SE 1000w HID, 800ppm is my max.

Lordly

Lordly

I dont like my medium ec going above 1.6 ec (800 ppm)

During the last 2-3 weeks i taper off strength for ripening.

Overfed weed is harsh.
Same, I keep it under 800ppm whether I'm growing in promix, rockwool, coco, dont matter. Only reason I'd ever go higher is if I had Co2 supplementation and intense lights like DE HPS. But for a ventilated grow using SE 1000w HID, 800ppm is my max.
thanks guys💚💜 im growing in 2x4x6 closet,passive air intake(door is open a bit),one clip fan and mars hydro tsl 2000, 3 plants, 4th day in flowering, today i watered them with 650 ppm, ill try to go a bit higher, im using flora trio+calmag+diamond nectar,after 3 days ill add big bud.

Lordly

Lordly

I'm in the camp of less is more. Feeding more doesn't make bigger plants in my hydro I have been as high as 1000ppm but when shits rolling well between 600-800 is the sweet spot
thank you aqua 💚💜i will aim for 800ppm max, since its my second grow im not worried about +-10% yield, plants health is more important for me because of my limited grow space (i dont want to waste time and space for unreasonable decisions). i just cannot "practice" on my girls.

threatco

threatco

I'm in the camp of less is more. Feeding more doesn't make bigger plants in my hydro I have been as high as 1000ppm but when shits rolling well between 600-800 is the sweet spot

I agree. My biggest regrets in my past grows have been overfeeding. It's so tempting when you see them chugging down 600-800 PPM like champs and you want to maximize potential. The regret is real.

I will keep it under 1000 this time no matter how much they drink.

Lordly

Lordly

I agree. My biggest regrets in my past grows have been overfeeding. It's so tempting when you see them chugging down 600-800 PPM like champs and you want to maximize potential. The regret is real.

I will keep it under 1000 this time no matter how much they drink.
thanks, happy growing 💚💜

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'll drive mine 1000 ppm to 800 but most I've hammered them is 1200 good luck .

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
It is common to become fixated on maximizing nutrients ( Better life through chemistry and all ) but this is where having a hammer makes things that are not, nails. Most problems are actually nutrient induced ph excursions where something locks up the precious thing at the moment.

All that can be avoided by moderation and probably cutting whatever the nutrient instructions say by at least half. Or not using them at all until they are needed ( talking to you, soil folks ).

Water. Light. Temperature. Ventilation ( or CO2 source if isolated ). That is enough for soil, in my experience.

Lordly

Lordly

It is common to become fixated on maximizing nutrients ( Better life through chemistry and all ) but this is where having a hammer makes things that are not, nails. Most problems are actually nutrient induced ph excursions where something locks up the precious thing at the moment.

All that can be avoided by moderation and probably cutting whatever the nutrient instructions say by at least half. Or not using them at all until they are needed ( talking to you, soil folks ).

Water. Light. Temperature. Ventilation ( or CO2 source if isolated ). That is enough for soil, in my experience.
thanks for info 💚💜

Latest posts

Top Bottom