PPM not reducing Aero Ponics

• Thread starter MoodusMonkeyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MoodusMonkeyBear

The PPM in my reservoir is not lowering, Im in week 2 of flower and I mixed a new batch of nutes, PPM was 1140, water level went down so I topped it off with water. PPMS remained the same. The leaves and plants look good. If you have a nutrient lockout situation will it shows on your ppm meter? The system is an aeroponic system with no medium, plants are suspended using home made foam collars and the roots get sprayed for 10 minutes on 20 off. Ive always added PH down after adding my nutrients but was reading several things from expert sources that say doing so can cause Nute lockout, now i have never experienced this before.

I

IamN2pot

The PPM in my reservoir is not lowering, Im in week 2 of flower and I mixed a new batch of nutes, PPM was 1140, water level went down so I topped it off with water. PPMS remained the same. The leaves and plants look good. If you have a nutrient lockout situation will it shows on your ppm meter? The system is an aeroponic system with no medium, plants are suspended using home made foam collars and the roots get sprayed for 10 minutes on 20 off. Ive always added PH down after adding my nutrients but was reading several things from expert sources that say doing so can cause Nute lockout, now i have never experienced this before.
Not sure what the "experts" will say, I'm not one! 🙃 I will say that if pH'ing has worked multipal times in the past, go with what you know. I'm just seriously learning hydro myself, but even from my years of dirt farming, pH is ALWAYS important! And as I see it, even more so with hydro.......
Wishing you success!!!! N2

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

If you have a nutrient lockout situation will it shows on your ppm meter?
You will not be able to tell if there is a lock out by looking at ppm's. You need to look at your pH.

Look at the hydro section of this chart to see your optimum pH levels. What is your pH in your system?

PH range map

See this thread for more info on pH if you need to know more.

I am not an aeroponics buy but hydro is very similar. Please give more information about your grow to let us help you figure things out. Photos too of the topside and the roots.

There is a thread here for beginner posters that they should read but I cannot find it atm. Tells new growers everything they need to post here so that folks can help them. Information, we want information ℹ️

Top Bottom