PPM or EC

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

What system do you use and why?

I was considering using EC like in Europe, but a blog by a chemist I was reading said that EC measurements are only accurate if the PH is exactly the same. Anyway, before I start my grow I thought I would look into the issue, and resolve it before I get things rolling.

Peace,
HT

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
This is one of those topics that has been discussed extensively already. Here is a thread from little while ago-

JB

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You dont have to rub it in Jaybee !! J/k . That is a good read. Thanks for posting the link JB !!!. RB

R

redeyechiller

Ppm

What system do you use and why?

I was considering using EC like in Europe, but a blog by a chemist I was reading said that EC measurements are only accurate if the PH is exactly the same. Anyway, before I start my grow I thought I would look into the issue, and resolve it before I get things rolling.

Peace,
HT

They simplest way I can put it is this: Find out what your meters conversion rating is....700,.670,.500. Once you find out the PPM reading just divide that number by your conversion rate
and there is your EC reading?

R.E.C.

H

HypnoToad

Then using your logic, all nutrient solution should be measured at the exact same PH for consistency with nutrient dosage. That's good to know.

HT

Top Bottom