PPM Question please from new grower

• Thread starter Homegrownplease
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

I’ve been feeding my one month old plants 3ml per gal canna coco nutrients and the ppm is about 600 which is correct but it looks like I have a nutrient deficiency so I’ve upped the dose to 5ml but when I do this my ppm doubles and the recommended dose with company is 14 ml but I’ve been told not to go by it. Could someone with experience give me some advice on the right Dorsey should I ignore the PPM and just up the dose I’ll send a picture of the deficiency. Thanx for reading

Ppm question please from new grower
Ppm question please from new grower 2
Ppm question please from new grower 3
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Measure the runoff for PPM and PH. You got 600ppm going in but you want to know how much you have coming out, and also ph of what comes out, so capture the runoff and take measurements.

The ph of your soil could be out of range starving your plant of the present nutrients in solution. Common mistake is to increase nutrient strength creating a lockout plus a toxicity of elements .....usually nitrogen, calcium and magnesium among others.

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

And if the PPM is to high on run off and the PH is off is it best to flush with pH water

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Correct. The company feedchart is never right. It was they use on their plants and half of the nutrients are just for plants in general not cannabis plants. The job you have is to find that right combination.

My feeding chart company says 6ml of bloom a and b and 3ml of calmag. I do 8 bloom a and b and 2 calmag. And i just do it over and over and adjust it take notes find the right sequence for that certain genetics you are growing. Trial and error baby

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Makes sense. Cheers. I think my problems all started with nutrient block and not checking my run off.
So for e.g when I make my next batch should I not go over 600 ppm as my plants are one month old and my tap water is 280 so do I include that with the PPM or do I keep the PPM at 880?

Madmax

Madmax

Flush coco/coir with a low dose like 250ppm to get it down.you never flush with straight water..you might have to run abit through to get it down.id include that with the feed you give them..

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I’ve been feeding my one month old plants 3ml per gal canna coco nutrients and the ppm is about 600 which is correct but it looks like I have a nutrient deficiency so I’ve upped the dose to 5ml but when I do this my ppm doubles and the recommended dose with company is 14 ml but I’ve been told not to go by it. Could someone with experience give me some advice on the right Dorsey should I ignore the PPM and just up the dose I’ll send a picture of the deficiency. Thanx for reading
What medium are you using? How big are the pots? How much and how often do you water?

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Im using coco coir and perlite there a month old and in 1 gallon pots I’m feeding every 2 days

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Makes sense. Cheers. I think my problems all started with nutrient block and not checking my run off.
So for e.g when I make my next batch should I not go over 600 ppm as my plants are one month old and my tap water is 280 so do I include that with the PPM or do I keep the PPM at 880?
Nice one max I’ll do that

Madmax

Madmax

Id feed everyday bro that why its rising.by fertigating more you can keep your ppm close to what your giving it.ive still got my training wheels on but learning..perhaps @Aqua Man can tell you better on what you should b doing..

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Nice one mate how would I get hold of Aqua Man? I’ve been feeding once every two days cos I’ve been scared of over watering and thought it has to dry out a bit

Madmax

Madmax

Hes got a couple threads on here .click on the 3 bars top left of screen .then click on forums scroll down and you will see general indoor growing click on coco coir then you will see aquamans thread.sorry i cant do linkys lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco should be fed every watering with nutrients added. Mix your nutrients at the same ratios as directed. Typically half of what's recommended works well. Here is some ppm general number for stages.

Seedlings 150-300 ppm
Early veg 300-500ppm
Late veg/early flower 500-800ppm
Mid to late flower 600-800ppm

Start low and work up based on plant response.

Watering frequency have a read here.

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Nice one Max
The last picture is a picture of the plant after two weeks when I first noticed a yellowing coming through haven’t managed to get rid of it and their a month old now
C86299F3 A987 408A 90A0 1C242521CCDE
002F7A14 A79E 4D5A B239 C080F4549FC3
A39928C0 BBF1 4467 A088 50861A09CA14

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Coco should be fed every watering with nutrients added. Mix your nutrients at the same ratios as directed. Typically half of what's recommended works well. Here is some ppm general number for stages.

Seedlings 150-300 ppm
Early veg 300-500ppm
Late veg/early flower 500-800ppm
Mid to late flower 600-800ppm

Start low and work up based on plant response.

Watering frequency have a read here.

Nice one mate. I will try my best to get my My leaves looking better. It’s doing my head in seeing them turn yellow. But I guess it’s learning game on your first grow. I really enjoy it as well would be a shame to give up

Top Bottom