PPM wizards - I need your help

• Thread starter radmobile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radmobile

radmobile

I’m hoping someone can help me. I’ve had a few pretty successful grows but I’ve noticed that my runoff ppm is always high, and usually much hire than the feed ppm. Perfect example:
My feed ppm (ph’d water only) is 55. I have been flushing a plant to get it down to 600. It’s her first week in flower and when I got it to 600, I fed Jack’s at 1/2 strength (ppm was 550 for feed water). My runoff ppm was almost 1000.
I read that my runoff should always be lower than my feed water. Is this true? My runoff has always been much higher than my feed water. What am I doing wrong?

mjab702

mjab702

I have the exact same problem only my runoff was 2500. I stressed over it for days, and then I realized that it wasn't having a negative effect on my plants so I stopped even checking ppm.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I have to assume you guys are growing in soil? If so the runoff ppm will be thrown off by the broken down organics in the soil. Don’t sweat it.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Runoff will be what ever is left in the medium after previous feedings PLUS what ever you are putting into the medium on the current feed.

radmobile

radmobile

I have to assume you guys are growing in soil? If so the runoff ppm will be thrown off by the broken down organics in the soil. Don’t sweat it.
Soil. I used FoxFarms Happy Frog 🐸
I don’t give it anything but ph’d water for the first 3 weeks. After that, I’ve been feeding Jack’s Part a/b and my plants look nutrient burned, so I went back to ph water only. Buds are still growing but I’d really like to be feeding them.

SeeAirAhh

SeeAirAhh

Runoff will be what ever is left in the medium after previous feedings PLUS what ever you are putting into the medium on the current feed.
so looking at it like that, i was told to keep my ppms at about 600 while 2-4weeks veg. should the runoff ppm bet at 600 then?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Soil. I used FoxFarms Happy Frog 🐸
I don’t give it anything but ph’d water for the first 3 weeks. After that, I’ve been feeding Jack’s Part a/b and my plants look nutrient burned, so I went back to ph water only. Buds are still growing but I’d really like to be feeding them.
Feeding bottled nutes in soil causes issues. Stop with the pH water because it doesn't do anything. The soil adjusts its own pH and if you put in enough to change it, it will be toxic to the plants. You don't do runoff in soil either because it removes everything you have so carefully added.

Top Bottom