Ppm's And Ph

• Thread starter Reedhopper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Hello all,
Brand new to growing so please be kind and patient please lol.
I have 4 FB GSC fem auto's to kinda get started tinting my thumb green
Question: I PH between 6.0-6.3. Using half nutes because I've studied that autos do not like full strength. Anyway, at half nutes I'm getting a PPM of 238 and my PH is 6.1. Should my PPM's be higher? Plants look great and healthy on day 40 from seed pop.

Ppms and ph
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hello all,
Question: I PH between 6.0-6.3. Using half nutes because I've studied that autos do not like full strength. Anyway, at half nutes I'm getting a PPM of 238 and my PH is 6.1. Should my PPM's be higher? Plants look great and healthy on day 40 from seed pop.
One book i tead about autos said to use nutes 1\4 strength on autos

G gnome

G gnome

Hello all,
If it aint broke!!!

Monster762

Monster762

Hello all,
Plants look healthy to me just do what you been doing. 6.1 is ok. Its in range for soil. They seem to like slightly acidic. Plants are flowering. Bloom nutes. And i think your 1/2 strength is good too. Quoting G gnome if it aint broke dont fix it. Youre doing good.

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Thanks guys for the input
As far as the 1/4 nute topic with AF, I have read that quite a bit also in my learning adventure lol.
I just started nutes 17 days ago, that 707 in 5 gal food grade buckets with drilled drainage holes. Seems to be a good medium. I started them on 1/4 nutes for the first 11 or 12 days then turned it up to half nutes. Been experimenting a bit. I defoliated one of my 4 when she started flower to see if it helps or hurts size, quality and yield. Being new to growing, I feel I have to be perfect right off the bat lol

Leew421

Leew421

If in soil I would stop using any pH up or down. Soil is the buffer and will correct it. Adding that shit will fuck soil and you will have crazy swings from it.

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

leew421. So with my medium ( Roots Organic 707 ) I should never ph my water, even in my first 4-5 weeks when I'm only feeding straight water?

G gnome

G gnome

leew421. So with my medium ( Roots Organic 707 ) I should never ph my water, even in my first 4-5 weeks when I'm only feeding straight water?
Thats not true at all. U absolutely shud adjust ur ph. 707 is a peat and coco based soiless mix. Anyone who tells u not to is wrong

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

I've been running right around 6.2 ph and that's what my runoff is roughly also.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

you must know the alkalinity of the source water to determine the need for adding ph up or down.

And it is important to know the relationship of the water, nutes and medium and how they all affect the ph over time.

Anyone who gives an answer to the ph question without knowing how hard the input water is is just guessing. Adding ph down continually will likely acidify the medium. Adding ph up or water that is too hard can raise the ph.

Even the type of nitrogen in the fertilizer affects the medium in different ways. Nitrates raise ph and amoniacal nitrogen lowers it.

I use straight 8.0 well water with no adjustment and no problems in ocean forest. But it is somewhat soft for well water as it is from a deep well in rock and only has 100-150 ppm minerals.

Which is perfect for container gardening.

Top Bottom