PPM's in hempys waytoo high!! HELP!!!

• Thread starter MegaYielder420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MegaYielder420

Whats up guys having some trouble with my hempy's my runoff is way too high. I am in chow mix coco and hydoton. I feed everyday no water in between because I heard this was the way to go. I had to flush them out and my ppm's were still 1800. What am I doing wrong here why is the salt building up like this. The max I feed them right now is 1100 in veg I dont understand are they not intaking the nutes? Should I feed, water, water? Let me know what you guys are doing in your hempys. The girls are already showing sign of nute burn and its killing me. Ive never had this problem please help. Thanks in advance. MEGA

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

The sweetzone for veggin plants in hempys is around 500-900ppm range even my massive mommas rarely go over 750 range. You also might not have flushed the coco or hydroton enough. A trick that I've learned to flush the hempy out well is water them with a lower pomp mute mix no higher than the 500 range. When you pour the water in block the drainage holes with your fingers let all the water go through the media and collect at the bottom keep blocking the holes and after a minute or so take your fingers off the hole and let it drain when the water has drained out tip it a little and check the ppms of the res at the bottom. If its too high repeat the process. You'll notice a good drop in ppms each time. Once you get it in range your good to go. I actually feed my hempys every watering also never done it any other way.

M

MegaYielder420

Yeah man this is what i have always done but this is my first time in the hydroton i usaully do coco and perlite but I decided to give hydroton a try this time. Plants look great except for the nute burn but it doesnt look like any lock out.

I am doing pretty much what you suggested to get my rez where I want it. I am gonna bring down my ppms to about 700 and see how this works. Thanks white boy. Any other advice or input would be apreciated. Interested how everone else is doing it. Thanks.

sticky icky

sticky icky

You can always try flushing them with a straight water and a flushing agent such as final phase with about 20% runoff to push all that shit out,then hittem with a good solid nute mix at a ppm level they need for there size and look,also with around 20% runoff so u can flush the final phase out just my thoughts brotha beat of luck man I'm sure youll get it back on track!

OGONLY

OGONLY

I agree you are feeding too much ppm for veg. 750 is plenty no matter how big your plants are in veg. After you correct this issue just make sure and water to runoff each time and you won't have issues. I don't feed with plain water every third or fourth watering in coco, I just dilute my res with 5 gallons of R/O toward the end of the res. That drops my ppm in half. I then use that half strength water to give a thorough watering, making sure there is plenty of runoff. I never have any issues with salt build up and my plants happiness indicate that this method is very effective.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

What's your ph? Are you sure you rinsed the hydro thoroughly enough? That stuff is packed full of dust and takes a lot to get it all out of a new bag. I forgot to rise some once and had similar experience.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Add drip clean to your watering. I was reading that it helps keep salt from building up in your medium. Getting ready to try on my next run. Also I have not read up on it yet... but you may be able to flush with it and then add in with nutes when you start feeding again.

M

MegaYielder420

I agree you are feeding too much ppm for veg. 750 is plenty no matter how big your plants are in veg. After you correct this issue just make sure and water to runoff each time and you won't have issues. I don't feed with plain water every third or fourth watering in coco, I just dilute my res with 5 gallons of R/O toward the end of the res. That drops my ppm in half. I then use that half strength water to give a thorough watering, making sure there is plenty of runoff. I never have any issues with salt build up and my plants happiness indicate that this method is very effective.

Thanks for your input OG. I like the idea of diluting the res at the end to do like a low dose watering say to speak. I am going to hit them now with like 400 ppm and let it runoff like 30% to see how this will make the res. I will remember not to go over 750 I am hearing this alot as well. Thanks again MEGA.

M

MegaYielder420

What's your ph? Are you sure you rinsed the hydro thoroughly enough? That stuff is packed full of dust and takes a lot to get it all out of a new bag. I forgot to rise some once and had similar experience.

Dude I am hoping I did. I never have realy used hydroyton. I usually go with chunky coarse perlite but my hydro store was out and I was in desperate need to transplant so I decided to go with the chow mix.

What I did to flush the hydro was.... I have a 5 gal bucket that I drilled a bunch off small holes on the bottom so that I can flush my mediums. I put the hydroton in and just left the water hose there for like 15 - 20 mins. I made sure the water was clear. I also charged the coco with cal mag and I hit the bitch hard too.

My PH is 5.8 to 6.0 the highest. No signs of any def of lock out just some minor nute burn. Thanks for your input.

M

MegaYielder420

Add drip clean to your watering. I was reading that it helps keep salt from building up in your medium. Getting ready to try on my next run. Also I have not read up on it yet... but you may be able to flush with it and then add in with nutes when you start feeding again.

Thanks AL I have also read alot about this drip clean and have considered it. I may end up giving it a try. I was just at the hydro store and was going to get it. I guess I will have to make another trip. I just picked up some General Organics Diamond Black going to give it a try. That shit is so fuckin black its crazy. Anyone mess with the Diamond Black?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Sounds like you did everything right, hopefully its just the ec. I started with some small 5gal chow hempies this last run but only transplanted to them right before flip (flushing now). In flower ran up to 1850ppm @.5 and never had trouble, but reading this will make me more cautious vegging in them next round. I've been told the same thing about dripclean, just hand watering and haven't seen need to try it yet.

Top Bottom