ppm's in my reservor?

• Thread starter Grow Country
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow Country

Grow Country

what do ppm mean in reservor?do ppm measure air or nutrient level in my reservor?

J

John Ditchweed

Parts per Million is what it stands for and it is a measure of un dissolved solids in your water or nutes

Grow Country

Grow Country

Parts per Million is what it stands for and it is a measure of un dissolved solids in your water or nutes
i change my water once a week and before i change i check ppm's and read 1400-1500,should i go longer between changes

J

John Ditchweed

Not enough info for me to give you an honest answer... 1400-1500 ppm sounds like a lot to me but that has a bunch of variables. You water is it tap? If so whats the ppm before adding nutes? What part of the cycle are you in with your plants? The End of flowering you wil have much more then early stages? Ideally Id change my rez once a week as well but my ro system is slow and I have let it become a hassle. I personally like the idea of fresh nutes regularly since plants up take more of one or a nother things in you nutes leaving more of one thing then another. Other let it go weeks or dont change at all and just add nutes as they go or top off. Its a perfernce thing for the most part.

ImNorml

ImNorml

That sounds really high man. You're in DWC I'm assuming? We do need more info...How old the plants are, their current status, your setup and all that...

Grow Country

Grow Country

i use well water,ppm"s are at 0 when i start,ph at5.7, i'm on my 5th week of flower,i was thinkin the same about going a little longer between changes,but was worried about more of one then the other.i was thinkin about the money i am spending on nutes.i have a 4x7 room with 25 gal. reservior feeding 12 at a time.i think i might go with a smaller reservoir which will help get my plant closers to the ground and away from the lights a little and save on nute's.just hope it doesn't change my ppm's though the week,which i had no problem before.what ppm do u think i need to start with when i change water at 6th week of flower?i have noticed that the last week my tip of leave are turning brown.started at bottom of plant and worked it way up.i start with 1550 ppm's. is that to much?

Grow Country

Grow Country

That sounds really high man. You're in DWC I'm assuming? We do need more info...How old the plants are, their current status, your setup and all that...
the pic i have up are them,took them today.i'm still kinda confused on styles of system but i have a 25 reservior that pumps water to a 6in deep tray every 3 hrs for 30 mins.then drains back down,the tips of leaves are turning brown,using 3 hps lights = 950 watts,temp 80,hum 45-55.i do have a habit of vegin to long and have isues with plant kissing light but going to fix that with led's,not using co2 right now but will on next grow,i already have 12 to take it place.i have a vegin closet so i can keep it rolling.thanks for any advise/mama said if you do something do it big

J

John Ditchweed

If the tips of the leaves are turning brown then yes it is a bit much... flush them with some low nute solution(200-400) or straight water for a couple feedings. The Style you have sounds like an ebb and flo table. They look great outside of the minor nute burn. Flush them a day or a few feedings then cut back on nutes to 1000-1200 and you should be just fine. What strain you running she looks like a yielder

Grow Country

Grow Country

bc ice i was told,cuttin from a friend,buds are 10 to 15 ins. long,2 and 3 ins.fhick,some bigger, 9 plants 4 ft. tall.starting 6th week of flower today,i've grown in soil for a while, then tryed hydroponic and i'm hooked.i never had any this size in soil.this is my second batch in hydroponics and still learning.what ppm's should i be in on my 6th week of flower if i didn't have the burn.ebb and flow sound rite.is there another way that is better?like i said still learning.thanks alot on nute info,i change water every sunday and was going to let it run 4 more days but going to drain and take your advise/it's like church to me,i lock the front door and go missing for hours,and come out on top of the world knowing i'm doing my best at growing big.thank alot

J

John Ditchweed

Well when it comes to a set ppm some like to push it some play it safe. If 14-15 is too much id try 1000-1200. I have always played it to safe with the nutes and feed on the low end. A habit Im trying break. Its not really about what system is said to be better.... its what system that works for you and you can master. A lot of people pull huge yields with all kinds of systems. I have fell victim to wanting to try every new system before I dialed in the one I was already using. I like ebb and flo its seems to be the least amount of hassle for me. Your going to have a very impressive yield with the Bc Ice Ill have to research that some... Have you smoked this anywhere before... hows the high

Grow Country

Grow Country

Well when it comes to a set ppm some like to push it some play it safe. If 14-15 is too much id try 1000-1200. I have always played it to safe with the nutes and feed on the low end. A habit Im trying break. Its not really about what system is said to be better.... its what system that works for you and you can master. A lot of people pull huge yields with all kinds of systems. I have fell victim to wanting to try every new system before I dialed in the one I was already using. I like ebb and flo its seems to be the least amount of hassle for me. Your going to have a very impressive yield with the Bc Ice Ill have to research that some... Have you smoked this anywhere before... hows the high
ya i like to push things to the limit so i know whats to much.this was the first /over the limit/ time i have had nute burn and just didnt know for sure what to do this close to harvest.i just want something coming out like u see in the books/something to be proud of:D /i flushed with finel phase for a couple of hrs. then added straight water sunday/yesterday/will add nutes tuesday to 1000 ppm and run like that for 1 1/2 weeks then flush and crop.i have not tryed any of this stain yet but think it's going to be pretty good/very sticky buds will stick to buds if they touch each other,if you walk up to it the smell is not that strong,but if you just touch 1 bud you will smell it all day.smell so good. they need to make a air freshener like that.i hope i can keep that smell after curing which i'm getting better at that.thanks again for info and just talking with me /i love talking about this stuff can go on for hours but none of my freinds really don't get in to it like that.they probley will when it come harvest time though

J

John Ditchweed

a lot of people I know don't seem to care about what they are smoking so much to the fact that they are smoking. Kinda sucks because my standards are high I have been growing off and on for 12 years now and love the plant. I'm lucky cause one of my close friends was a breeder here for a while and a couple of my friends actually grow and appreciate the art of growing it. Kinda hard to find where I'm from not to many growers around here and its not something you can talk about openly to people your not close to. Hell and even some of them have to be kept in the dark for safety reasons.

Top Bottom