PPMs Raising

• Thread starter H4H
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

H4H

Hey everybody I may be having an issue with my PPM's raising. I initially set them at about 1100-1200 when I changed my res out on Saturday they have since raised to 1500-1600 the water level has gone down a bit and PH is stable at 5.8 plants look great. They are now I flipped them into flower on 1-17. Should I run a flush for 24-48 hours? By the way I am doing a top feed this round. Room temps are pretty steady at 68-78. Res temps stay at about 65-70.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
H4H

R

Reefer Franklin

Are you using tap water ? If so what's the PPM of it ?

If your plants look good I wouldn't worry. My PPM is 1950 with a starting PPM from the faucet of 400.

The Reef

H

H4H

Yup Im using Tap with a PPM of around 500 I subtracted that from what the PPM meter said so my actual PPMs atm are 1900-2000.

R

Reefer Franklin

Looks like you're adding 500 to what the meter reads. Isn't that so ?
Your actual reading is around 1000, no ?

The Reef

T

theguapo

as water evaporates out of your res your ppms will go up because the nutes are not evaporating.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
ur nute ppm should remain the same even as the water is being drank by your plants if it is rising you are feeding to much, if it is lowering you are feeding to little.

R

Reefer Franklin

Looks like you're adding 500 to what the meter reads. Isn't that so ?
Your actual reading is around 1000, no ?

The Reef

H

H4H

I added some plain PHed water and brought the ppm back down to 1000-1100. or as the meter reads 1500-1600. I subtract 500 from what the meter reads to get my nute strength.

T

theguapo

I added some plain PHed water and brought the ppm back down to 1000-1100. or as the meter reads 1500-1600. I subtract 500 from what the meter reads to get my nute strength.

This is a topic for debate as you know what nutes you are adding but you do not know what the unknowns are in your water which are most definitely affecting the total ppm readings and the plants are also eating those unknowns. Just watch your plants carefully!

powerplant

powerplant

ur nute ppm should remain the same even as the water is being drank by your plants if it is rising you are feeding to much, if it is lowering you are feeding to little.

Really are you 100% certain of this? I thought evaporation was the answer?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Yup Im using Tap with a PPM of around 500 I subtracted that from what the PPM meter said so my actual PPMs atm are 1900-2000.

your actual PPMs are what your meter suggests - you dont subtract 500 b/c thats what your water is - its why people use ro or filtered water

if your ppms are going up and water is going down your gals are drinking but not eating

your ph is not the cause so Id say you should really dilute your nutes

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Kid Twist hit it on the spot. The plants will tell you what they want and the ph will stabilize when you find the sweet range. Also always calculate your ppm with just your base nutes and not your additives...

O

ogk1ng

LOL dont subratce 500 ppms you're gunna burn you're ladys bro. you need to add that to you're tottal ppms. yeah you get 500 ppms of shit. thats why ppl invest in an ro unit. so if you want you're nutes at 1100 you really only have 600 ppms of nutes ( you shouldnt need cal ma not sure if you're using it or not)

also first week flwoer i would start 1200 go from there tell you're plant tells you its enough

Top Bottom