Prayers For Brother Loran And All Affected By Butte Fire

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning fine farmers. I've been keeping in touch with brother Loran the past couple of days since the Butte Fire broke out. I was able to speak with him by phone yesterday. This morning, checking my fire maps and information I believe he and his family have been evacuated to safety, but it also appears that the fire has come perilously close to his home, as I cannot reach him or anyone else out there by phone this morning.

I am asking that you keep him and his family and everyone else out there (there are a *lot* of growers who may have lost not only their crops but everything they had) in our thoughts and prayers.

We're about 3.5 miles from the fire line. It's moving away from us so far, but a wind shift could change all that so we've got all the valuables packed up. Everything that's growing now is a loss but I did make certain to pack my seed stash. There are others who may not have had this luxury of time.

Here's a link to our most recent update:

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Loran, your in my families prayers.

@Seamaiden Why is everything growing a loss? Did your plants die, or too smokey to tend them? Either way, if my harvest turns out, (knock on wood) I got you covered no problem. I hope the winds don't shift, and your family and property stay safe. My offer goes out to your family as well. If you need a place to stay, my doors are always open.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, no, I'm saying that if we're evacuated I'm saying goodbye to what's planted right now, as well as my cuttings. We only have so much space for things, so I'm prioritizing. Clothing, for example, is actually at the bottom of my list because it's not of high value, it's easily replaced, wouldn't be covered in any event, and cannot be turned into quick cash. I've prioritized those things that are most valuable to me, things like, say, my grandmother's handstitched table linens (but I can't save the antiques from the island), my jewelry, the good cameras, good artwork, the animals, that sort of thing.

Not the chickens. The chickens will be left on their own.

Ok, just got word that San Andreas is being evacuated.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

For the first time since this started, I've been given permission by the Highway Patrol to enter one of the burning areas so that we can keep Internet connectivity going to the community. Internet is vital during these times as we're a very rural/isolated area and people look to the Internet for Cal Fire info. I'm afraid of what I will see.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Chickens, innocent? Clearly, you've never lived with chickens sir! They are completely and totally without ruth. Ruthless, as it were. Woe be to the forsaken lizard or other small animal found by one of them!

Either way, this is one of those times when you've gotta make your choices.

Top Bottom