Prayers For Brother Loran And All Affected By Butte Fire

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

We did not get evac orders last night, but we're still not in the clear. Woke up to heavy smoke but PG&E has staged a whole mess of flatbed gennies in town and tied them into the grid for power to the area. As I type this, Sea is on the phone with Loran.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We're ok, we're still here. But folks in Calaveras? I spoke with my son's ex-GF, her folks' place is gone.

I just got off the phone w/Loran! They're ok, it's been harrowing. We're not entirely positive but believe that their home is intact. Others have not been as fortunate.

Wind change has shifted things, blowing the fire in a more westerly direction.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

I've got some of my crew going into evac'd areas today to refill generators that are keeping the communities online. They'll be reporting back to me later and as I get any updates, if y'all would like, I can post it here. As of right now though, the county to the south of us, where Loran et al live, has suffered the most destruction. :(

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Be safe Dave, you got a good head on shoulders, run fast if needed...No hero is good is good dead.....

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

You are all in my heart thoughts and prayers. Praying for every one to be safe.

DrFever

DrFever

Can i ask has the fires been controlled or out ???? i mean up here in Canada were getting fogged out maybe they should call on us northern boys to come down and put it out for you :)

Toaster79

Toaster79

Just checked again and the fire spreaded south east and doubled in size . 2 hours ago when I last checked it was 65000 acres :(

Edit: must have been checking on old data before. 65000 acres is now.

Good thing is smoke has lifted enough for the helicopters to fly and air tankers are on the way

Last edited:
DrFever

DrFever

Just checked again and the fire spreaded south east and doubled in size . 2 hours ago when I last checked it was 65000 acres :(

Edit: must have been checking on old data before. 65000 acres is now.

Good thing is smoke has lifted enough for the helicopters to fly and air tankers are on the way

Shitty this year we were hit bad with 101,000 acres burning

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Prayers and much love to @Loran @Seamaiden @pinegrovedave and all others that are affected by this event.

Lets not forget the brave men and women who fight these fires. We lost 19 smoke jumpers back in 2013.

Sending rain dance mojo to the creator........... Mitakue Oyasin

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
For anyone living in these areas hoping you still have internet connection. I'm not sure how accurate this site is for ongoing info.

BUTTE FIRE
Butte Fire Incident Information:
Last Updated: September 12, 2015 8:30 am
Date/Time Started: September 9, 2015 2:26 pm
Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE Amador - El Dorado Unit
County: Amador & Calaveras Counties
Acres Burned - Containment: 64,728 acres - 10% contained
Structures Threatened: 6,400
Structures Destroyed: 15 structures
Evacuations: Mandatory Evacuation Orders:
(Amador County) Canyon View, Fig Tree Lane, and Ponderosa Way; the Town of Pine Grove to include all areas South of Hwy 88 from West Clinton Road, East to Ranch Drive. Inclusive of the Communities of Ranch House Estates, Pine Acres, Jackson Pines, Pine Drove Ranchettes and Lake Tabeau.

(Calaveras County) Town of Mokelumne Hill, East of Hwy 49 from the Amador/Calaveras County line South to Goldstrike Road. South on Goldstrike Road to the Community of San Andreas. Rural areas East of San Andreas to Mountain Ranch Road. Mountain Ranch Road to Calaveritas Road to Fourth Crossing. Fourth Crossing to Hwy 49. East side of Hwy 49 South to North side of Hwy 4 (Angels Camp). North side of Hwy 4 East to Town of Arnold. All of SR 26 from Mokelumne Hill North to the Amador/Calaveras County line. To include the communities of Glencoe, Westpoint, and Wilseyville.

Evacuations Advisories:

(Amador County) Hwy 88 from Ranch Road East to Tiger Creek Road (Red Corral and Buckhorn Areas).

(Calaveras County) City of Angels Camp, Hwy 49 South to Hwy 4 South at the city limits of Angels Camp. Town of Arnold, Northwest of Hwy 4 includes sub-divisions of Lakemont, Mill Woods and Meadowmont. Hwy 4 North to Sheep Ranch Road/Blue Lake Springs sub-division, Big Trees State Park, Town of Dorrington, Town of Murphys and Forest Meadows. Town of San Andreas. Poole Station Road, Carroll Kennedy Road, Cement Plant Road, Demearest Mine Road, Oak Valley Road, Gelding Road, Stallion Road, Deer Creek Road, Copello Road.

Evacuation Centers:

Red Cross: Debbie Calcote 209-346-1854

Jackson Rancheria Hotel, 12222 New York Ranch Road, Jackson, CA

Jenny Lind Veterans Hall, 189 Pine Street, Valley Springs, CA

Good Samaritan Church, 4684 Baldwin Street, Valley Springs, CA

Large Animal Pet Shelters: (Calaveras) Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Amador) Amador County Fairgrounds, contact Kelly Reason at 530-503-5233

Cooperating Agencies: Cal OES, USFS, BLM, PG&E, CHP, Calaveras County Sheriff, Amador County Sheriff, Calaveras PUD, CDCR, Sutter Creek Fire Department, Red Cross, CAL-TRANS, CA State Parks, Amador Fire Protection District.
Total Fire Personnel: 3,299
Total Fire Engines: 383
Total Fire crews: 67
Total Airtankers: 8
Total Helicopters: 17
Total Dozers: 62
Total Water Tenders: 40
Long/Lat: -120.70418, 38.32974
Conditions: Fire behavior remained very active throughout the night with spotting and torching. Critical fuel moisture levels, steep terrain, and fire access continue to provide challenges for firefighters. Mandatory evacuations continue to expand as the fire continues to grow. ***Damage Assessment teams have arrived and started evaluations of damaged and destroyed structures***

Road Closures:
(Amador County) Clinton Road at Butte Mountain Road (Both Ends) Butte Mountain Road Cutoff at Clinton Road. Amador Lane at Clinton Road, Electra at SR 49, Ponderosa Road at Tabeaud, Access to Lake Tabeaud is closed; Hwy 88 at W. Clinton Road, Hwy 88 at Irish Town Road, Hwy 88 at Tabeaud Road, Hwy 88 at Aqueduct Circle, Highway 88 at Mount Zion, SR 26 South of Hwy 88.

(Calaveras County) SR 26 from Mokelumne Hill to Ridge Road; Ridge Road closed to Railroad Flat Road; Railroad Flat Road closed to Mountain Ranch Road; Mountain Ranch Road closed to Hwy 49; Michel Road is closed.

Phone Numbers (530) 647-5218 (Fire Information Line)
Phone Numbers (209) 754-5527 (Fire Information Line)

Loran

Loran

My family and I made it to Nevada last night (Fri) after 3 evacuations in 2 days. My understanding is that my house still stands but my out buildings and gardens are toast. We shall rebuild and carry on next year. Thank you all for your love and support over the years.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

@Loran thoughtful prayers, positivty to you and your family. Glad your safe and hope to hear that your home didnt burn as well. Sea and dave you guys are awesome and my positivity and prayer go out to you and your family as well. I hope everyone is safe, and remains that way. Good luck, and vibes of rain and good fortune your way.

Top Bottom