Prayers For Brother Loran And All Affected By Butte Fire

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Thanks all. As of about one hour ago, all evac orders and road closures for our county have been lifted. Our brothers and sisters next door still have a way to go. I believe they won't lift the road closures until power is restored as miles and miles of transmission power lines have burned down. It took my crew and I quite awhile to just go a few miles up the road what with all the equipment and personnel they're throwing at restoring power.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Thank you all once again. They opened the roads today, so the evacuees began streaming in. I went on a FB group that has been focusing on the fire and, since I could get into the evacuated fire zones as I work for a utility, I offered the same invitation to my neighbors as I did to our brother here. The requests for pet/house checks were overwhelming, but what really "hit home" was when I began posting pics of homes that had not burned. I took my digital camera and simply began driving down the roads clicking away. I uploaded the pics and the responses were nothing short of remarkable. You see, many of the evacuees had no idea and if one was to go by the maps, entire neighborhoods were overrun you see. Anyway, people began seeing their homes and the responses were like "That's my house! Thank you so much! We thought it burned!"...Really brought a tear to my eye knowing that I helped these folks and that they could finally rest knowing their homes were intact.

I believe I got enough invitations for a lunch or a cold beer to last the next 2 years. LOL!

On a more somber note, today I entered a new area further out as a FB member asked that I check on a home where a Labrador was in the home as the owners were out of town when the fire went through.

I drove up to a smoldering rubble and the body of a beloved dog. I cried. It broke my heart to tell them, but they thanked me anyway. So sad.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
That's so sad. When my house burned down last year, there was a piece of insulation hanging through a wall that I thought was the remains of one of our dogs based on the grayish color it was. Luckily it was not. That would be devastating to know the horror that pet went through alone.

You're a very honorable man, Dave. Truly an idol to look up to and model one's self after. To be so selfless and willing to deliver any news, not matter what it may be, and for no other reward than to know that you either bring someone peace of mind, or closure. This thread has some of the most legitimately human posts I've ever seen. Thank you for being a beacon in a hell for so many, Dave. I may not have been affected by these fires, but I know the pain of losing everything to fire and what you've done is worthy of a Nobel Prize. Good on you and much respect.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Well I thank you all, but really...I'm just a guy who felt compelled to help my friends and neighbors during this time. They couldn't get in and I could given my position. I say again, over the past week, many people had no idea of what they would return to as information was not being disseminated in a timely manner and they were frantic. I simply made the decision to "grab the bull by the balls", go in, and take care of things by either feeding their pets left behind, or getting pics of their homes.

But thank you all for your kind words. It has been stressful for me while I did it. @Seamaiden will tell you that each day when I come home from the evacuated zones...I literally shed tears for my friends and neighbors. As I'm sure my brother @Loran will attest, this has been unbearably stressful for all of us who have had to endure this disaster.

Today, as power was restored to one of the towns, the power restoration sparked "something" in an employees home and he lost everything to fire...unrelated to the Butte fire. :(

Loran

Loran

Made it home and have gotten caught up w/ things of sorts. Lost All my breeding males except MoTbx. Lost Pine Tar kush, SFV OG kush, Bubba Kush, HD/AK, Chemdog D and Orange kush moms. Saddened but not deterred. Things can be replaced or improved upon. Thank you all for your prayers and help. LPR, Loran

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Made it home and have gotten caught up w/ things of sorts. Lost All my breeding males except MoTbx. Lost Pine Tar kush, SFV OG kush, Bubba Kush, HD/AK, Chemdog D and Orange kush moms. Saddened but not deterred. Things can be replaced or improved upon. Thank you all for your prayers and help. LPR, Loran
Let us know how that rooster tastes! :D

SO happy to have seen you and the family, SO happy all are safe.

Top Bottom