Pre-98 Bubba & Dabney Blueberry from my 1st ever grow

• Thread starter AbusiveOGK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AbusiveOGK

Here are a few pics from my first grow. I ran 7 Bubba plants and 2 Dabney plants in a shitty thrown together space in my basement. Temps stayed low as hell the entire time due to it being a basement and it was mid-winter. Night time temps dropped as low as the mid 50s. Both of these strains are very tolerant to general beginner mistakes.

Bubba:
bubbabudshot.jpg

Here is an example of how frosty Bubba can get, the sugar leaves are coated with thick patches of resin.

bubbafrost-2.jpg

Dabney Blueberry:
dabneybudshot.jpg
dabneyweek7-2.jpg
dabneyunderfrost.jpg
dabneyweek7.jpg

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They look wonderful. Basements are tricky when you don't build an actual grow room. The colder temps invite powdery mildew and other things. But you don't have spider mite trouble.

Those buds came out real nice. as frosty as the bubba is that Dabney Blueberry doesn't have to avoid a trich contest either.

In case I never said it before....
Welcome to the farm!

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks Tobor!

Yeah, basements can definitely be tough. Since then I've done some larger grows in larger areas. In the process of building my new 10x10x8 sealed room, still a few weeks out as far as construction goes.

Glad you like the bud shots. Both strains definitely packed on the frost. The Bubba picture doesn't do it much justice, the cold temps in the basement really brought out the purple in it. It was nice to look at after curing for a few weeks.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah no doubt, those are some dank ass plants bro and cannot go wrong with da Bubba.. Iced out for sure..

R

RooR

:)

AbusiveOGK very very good bro!:rauch08::rauch08: nice smoking :rauch08:

berryhill

berryhill

Very nice lookin bubba nug......and the blueberry man.

bubba is certainly an automatic keeper anywhere ime. lol

Hows that blueberry pheno? Thanks for sharin those pics!

A

AbusiveOGK

Hey berryhill, thanks for the good words. Bubba is certainly a keeper no matter what. Unfortunately she was gifted to me on my first grow and I didn't clone.

As for the blueberry, she's definitely dank. My ONLY complaint about her is that taste doesn't match the smell. She smells amazingly fruit and sweet. It makes you anticipate the taste. Even after a nice long cure I couldn't find the fruity taste. It's not a bad tasting strain, I just would have loved for it to match.

Thanks waayne, I'll definitely be tossing up a journal for the new project. Probably relatively soon, so I can document the construction of the room as well.

L

lurking_chap

bubba looks proper dank, did you snap it with flash or its just a shitty camera? looking really frosty

A

AbusiveOGK

Hey lurking chap, it was a Kodak hand held camera, something like 10 MP. Not a proper camera for high res shots but not too shabby either.

berryhill

berryhill

Hey....thank you Abusive....hope you get the bubba back man, it will always be a mandatory staple here.

Blueberry has been a quest for several years, been chasin/siftin all kinds of pheno's/beans....just can't seem to replicate an old cut that use to be.

Hate to hear about the lack of flavor, or the ole school bb flavor. Best of growin to ya!

Hey berryhill, thanks for the good words. Bubba is certainly a keeper no matter what. Unfortunately she was gifted to me on my first grow and I didn't clone.

As for the blueberry, she's definitely dank. My ONLY complaint about her is that taste doesn't match the smell. She smells amazingly fruit and sweet. It makes you anticipate the taste. Even after a nice long cure I couldn't find the fruity taste. It's not a bad tasting strain, I just would have loved for it to match.

Thanks waayne, I'll definitely be tossing up a journal for the new project. Probably relatively soon, so I can document the construction of the room as well.

Top Bottom