• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey i would like to know the origines of the pre98 Bubba kush if anyone can teach me about it. Is the Katsu cut relate with the pre98? Sorry of this have been asked already...I searched around for a honest and true background story on the pre98...

The bubba seems like a real kush indica compare to some of the OG Kush if not all...Please come share ur toughts, pics and knowledge about the bubba :nod

C

CAPO

It depends if you believe the story about Putz and the secret ingredient....or if you think that OGKush is really just an S1 from the Chemdog, in which case you would probably believe the theory that BubbaKush is a Chem crossed to a BubbleGum hybrid????.....???

Here's a tale that is posted around for quite some time and is believable in my book:

"OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang".

true grit

true grit

With the smoke and structure and what not, that story sounds the most believable....

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Wonderfull COPA! This is crazy story. I hear about putz on forums befor i guess but i never heard of that story. Is that old world paki kush still around? and oh yeah do u know why they called it bubba?

Thanks for this sick infos bro! ++ k!!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool story and great info Capo.... I wonder if Bubba is from some old school farmed line. It just has that old school taste and smell, that so fukin' delicious. Here are some tidbits that I've kept around from articles and what not.. I'm sure you know all this already but j.i.c.

Bubba breeds very true and when outcrossed dominates, and when selfed shows little variation in phenos, this all indicates Bubba is a highly inbred, stable plant. This suggests it's a pheno of an heirloom cultivar. Folks mention the influx of indica seeds into the US in the late 70s all the time, and things like Deep Chunk, Pine Tar Kush and Petrolia Headstash are seedlines that descend from those early import indicas. I reckon there are a few heirloom cuts from these early import indicas, things like Bubba, Dabney Blue and Indiana Bubblegum. Bubba is probably a pheno from an old pre-Soviet Afghan line.-B.H.

Bubba is an old farmed deep family line from the middle east, probably from one of the Stans, the Kush, or the Karakorams. It was brought back from the hippie trail before the mountains were filled with tears.-?

N

Nick_Consumed

It depends if you believe the story about Putz and the secret ingredient....or if you think that OGKush is really just an S1 from the Chemdog, in which case you would probably believe the theory that BubbaKush is a Chem crossed to a BubbleGum hybrid????.....???

Here's a tale that is posted around for quite some time and is believable in my book:

"OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang".

Great post. Where did you find it?

S

Sway

So what's the real story? The one published on this forum or this one above? Just goes to show that there's tons of people claiming shit that's not there's on the internet. If this story is true though that would be really funny and totally ruin some reps. Gotta love the internet.

C

CAPO

The thing to remember is that these stories are all conjecture and there are many versions of "Bubba Kush"...as there are origin stories to back it up. Sorry, I can't recall where I skimmed the blurb from Cowboy, but it has been around for years. What Cowboy claims is Bubba could be very different from what others call pre-98 Bubba, Katsu, Platinum, etc.. I couldn't tell you for sure. It was a post on the internet and could be very false or made up. However...different phenos do show through the S1's and some people claim that they can taste Chem in the Bubba.....me..I don't know anything and don't claim to with any certainty. Interesting tales nonetheless!
I would like to see what S1's of '91 produce as well as S1's of OGKush before I could even start to form an opinion.

Bubba could possibly be it's own cultivar and from Kush regions with no Chem in it at all.

Dynamite

Dynamite

there is also a pre93 Bubba Kush cut,and was one of the first brought to the internet and sourced by TooHighMF ..

he's gotta story behind that one too

just a story I read and heard

it has been around in "the know" longer then most from what I know

just a tid bit to add to the confusion

I'm not saying anything "fact" ,just repeating what I have read

the earliest post is 2004- I can find on the net about bubba kush

curious where the pre63 and pre89 stories come from myself ? .. :p

waayne

waayne

Thank's for all the info,gotta love the Bubba:icon_stick man:

Quitters

Quitters

Bubba Kush Info

Katsu Bubba - orgnkid was the first to bring buba online that I ever saw. that was around 2000/2001 at cw. he was touting it, showing fat stacks of cash, his grows, etc. As far as I had been told, He sold a cut of bubba to GCM and GCM sold it to katsu. that is the katsu cut, aka, orgnkid's green pheno. Orgnkid first obtained this bubba around 2000/2001 and got the OG slightly thereafter. Thats as much as I remember being told by him.

Mint Bubba S1- ECK06's s1 phenotype from the first batch of bubba kush s1's orgnkid posted to the bay.

Purple Bubba S1 - This is a cut orgnkid scored from a sfv club owner that was an s1 of the original bubba cut the owner of the club sourced (whicever that is). The club owner was scared of the dudes he got it from and knew not to break their rules. But there was a way around it so he could make cuts and buds available to his club. So he makes some s1 seeds from the bubba, pulls out the yielding, club nugget purple bubba pheno. Now he has a "unheld" cut of the bubba.

THE REAL PRE-98/PRE2K1 - in 2004/5 or so I obtained the above purple and green bubbas from orgnkid through a mutual friend. I also got a cutting from my good friend in norcal (the true pre98). So for the sake of everyone online that had different cuts back then, I put some info in a Bubba thread much like this one where I grew all three of em side by side and compared. I labeled the orgnkid/katsu the GREEN PHENO/2k1. I labeled the ClubS1 the PURPLE PHENO/2k1. And I labeled the Norcal one, pre2k1, cuz at that time, I hadn't asked my buddy ALL the info on the norcal cut.. And i was told orgnkid's were obtained in 2k1.

so anyways, after a few more pages in that thread at CW, people started getting the pre98 moniker from the kalimist mixed up with my pre2k1 bubba designation. So after probing my friend, he told me he got it from a glassblower in socal around 1998. after posting that, the pre2k1 pretty much started getting called the pre98. the pre-98 is shabud's cut.

Swerve's Pre-98 - I don't know where swerve obtained this cut, you would have to ask him. But he has told me, that he termed his "pre98" (which was at least a few years after the thread at CW and I had designated the norcal as pre98) because the cut he obtained, reminded him of the the bubba he was smoking in 1998-2000 in SFV. I don't think there is any firsthand evidence of the age of his cut.

copied from another site:character0110:

M

MASSES 420KING

Hey i know im gonna get some shit bu5t it goes with what a few of you are saying many stories behind the buuba so heres greenhouses explaination there bubba kush is a bubble-gum crossed [some]kush[i 4got what they said the kush was] and i bet reefer-man has his story as to where the bubba kush came from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom