Pre 98 Bubba or ???

• Thread starter highersolutions
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I was just wondering if I could get some help from my fellow farmers who have had experience with the Pre 98 Bubba clone. I received a clone as Pre 98 from a local friend awhile back and just want some help to ID if its the original cut or not. From my research and what I have been told about Pre 98...is that she is a little slower in veg and has quite a bushy/stout structure for a "Kush". I've also heard her smell described as coffee, kushy, earthy, almost chocolate smelling? This cut I picked up dosen't seem to fit the profile IMO but I'm not %100 sure as I have never personally grown any Pre 98. The one I have is actually quite vigorous and keeps up with most plants in the garden(about the same as my LA Pure cut but it's definitely different). Its way more vigorous then my Purple Urkle cut which I thought the Pre 98 would be closer to in veg? I have only flowered a single small clone just to see what was up and I couldn't pick up any chocolate or coffee smells...just straight up Kush? Well here are a few pics...all constructive comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

WTF? pics won't upload today for some reason...I will try and get some up asap.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
There we go?

Momma in veg:
DSCN5570 1500 x 1125
DSCN5572 1500 x 1125
DSCN5577 1500 x 1233

Small flowering clone:
DSCN5558 1500 x 1125
DSCN5568 1500 x 1125

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
^Thanks...thats what I thought. Any idea what it this cut could be? Do you or anyone else have some pics of legit Pre 98? I've been wanting the real deal Pre 98 in my garden for a minute.

P

paulycali

Remember he only flowered a small clone. The leaves would be much bigger of course if grown out longer. HS said small clone. Could be Pre98. So hard to tell sometimes. Hopefully someone will chime in will some helpfull info. Good luck :)

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Thats some dank ass looking kush HS even if its not the original bubba witch i dnt think it is because like some one already said it has way fatter leaves. I think it could be a s1 of bubba or maybe the katsu cut of bubba i dnt know though because i have never grown the katsu cut. There is also another cut of bubba called the pre 92 bubba or the original bubba kush its the same one Bodhi has either way if it is a s1 or one of the other cuts she looks like a dank ass kush maybe a afgan kush hope you can find out what you have I hate the fact people just call their cuts whatever they want any way stay frosty bro peace.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Im guessing its from Cali Connection Pre 98 S1 seed stock... Could be legit though... As stated the real deal seems to have a little bit wider leaves... Also has some coffee/hash smells with a good cure... ~ODB~

Dr.X

Dr.X

I believe that, one clone, can develop differently in different environments ( different phenotype) so the leaf form can slightly change.. but well since I don't know the pre 98 bubba cut I can't say more, but you definitively have some really nice kush over there, looks dank as hell!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I believe that, one clone, can develop differently in different environments ( different phenotype) so the leaf form can slightly change.. but well since I don't know the pre 98 bubba cut I can't say more, but you definitively have some really nice kush over there, looks dank as hell!
what they are referring to is the clone only pre 98 bubba so it should be the same cut

Skummy

Skummy

Well ive grown Pre 98 bubba for about 6 years now and can honestly say it grows a few different ways sepending on how it is fed and how its enviroment and type of lights it has vegging it....

Here is a shot of mine in veg today

Bubbavegtoday

I think your plant looks alot like a flo cut my buddy runs.... Only reason I say so is because ive grown them next to eachother and it looks like bubba until it flowers and flo has that kushy hashy taste as the bubba has coffee chocolaty taste!

Hope this helps

Dro

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats some dank ass looking kush HS even if its not the original bubba witch i dnt think it is because like some one already said it has way fatter leaves. I think it could be a s1 of bubba or maybe the katsu cut of bubba i dnt know though because i have never grown the katsu cut. There is also another cut of bubba called the pre 92 bubba or the original bubba kush its the same one Bodhi has either way if it is a s1 or one of the other cuts she looks like a dank ass kush maybe a afgan kush hope you can find out what you have I hate the fact people just call their cuts whatever they want any way stay frosty bro peace.
I think your right! It looks like the search for the true Pre 98 continues. Could be a fictim of the S1. IMO the S1 is a detriment to the cannabis community. It's one thing to cross two different elite's together(WiFi) but to cross something to itself, seems like your creating more problems then good...ie fucking yourself lol. S1's being passed out as original cuts? Hummm?
Im guessing its from Cali Connection Pre 98 S1 seed stock... Could be legit though... As stated the real deal seems to have a little bit wider leaves... Also has some coffee/hash smells with a good cure... ~ODB~
Yeah all i'm getting is a straight up Kush smell...no coffee. I don't think it's legit just wanted the confirmation. Ya know?
Here, these might help. . .
outwest

A leaf shot.

View attachment 223481

A veg shot.

View attachment 223482

And a little stacking action.

View attachment 223480

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Looks damn similar in bud shots....but I agree the leaves look a lil skinny....

Skummy is that a re-veg or just throwing the single blades? My Katsu always threw the single blade leaves....

Top Bottom