Pre -98 Bubba

• Thread starter Ned Kelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

As far as I've heard Pre bubba 98 was circulated by The Docta from Archive Seeds. Before Archive seeds, The Docta was a strain collector, lived in LA and collected og cuts early on. He explained the story on one of the earlier episodes of hash church on youtube, I forget which episode exactly. He tells the story that yes the original bubba came from bubba himself in Florida in 1998, as Matt/Bubba tells the story in his high times article he wrote many years ago. However, The Docta and his crew passed around a cutting for a while before 1998 that they later(upon seeing the real Bubba from FL) discovered was very similar to the real Bubba, dubbing it "pre 98 Bubba."

So really Pre 98 is very similar to Bubba kush but undoubtedly is a different cross. Matt/Bubba was on the show recently to confirm all this and their tracking of the origins of og kush and bubba kush(they've done a pretty nice job, interviewing Matt(bubba) and Josh(og kush) and settling the origins of og kush and bubba kush as far as they possibly can). Matt and Josh were both on a recent hash church episode, like 50 or something like that. Josh was on the show for a couple weeks in a row I think.

Just to be clear. Bubba kush did not exist before 98, but the Docta had a cutting very similar that he passed around for a few years before that was similar, and so dubbed it "pre 98 bubba" after seeing the similarities.

Wisher619

Wisher619

@hiiipower ......that has to be incorrect as The Docta didnt start smoking till 2001 and didnt start growing till 2002 which was under his friends home.....he wasnt some great collector either....he was buying seeded bags and growing those seeds out...Matt and Bubba were growing way before then and Bubba Kush had already been circulating ....The Docta didnt even graduate highschool till 01/02 so i dont think he was passing around some cut in the 6th/7th grade....I could be wrong....but......I dont think so.....oh and by the way.....he if from PNW not LA.....and i really dont think he was chillin in LA as a little kid

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
So where does Katsu fit into this?

outwest

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Katsu is a s1 of pre98 bubba found by forum member katsu

hiiipower

hiiipower

Huh, I guess I can't prove that wrong. But that is the story he told on hash church, I remember distinctly. He claimed he was a collector. I remember he specifically talked about how no one was a strain collector at that time, because he claimed that no one knew how to keep mothers very well, and that they all require a little different tlc. He was good at keeping moms he said. Pretty sure Docta wasn't a little kid then, at least from the way he was talking about the whole thing. No way. I was a little kid in 97 and the Docta has at least ten years on me. I know for sure he doesn't smoke bud. He can't even be around it he said he's allergic as fuck. Only smokes concentrates.

Matt is Bubba. Bubba was growing in FL and had made a cross himself he called bubba. Josh passed him the cut of og kush, which Bubba then crossed to his bubba creating bubba kush in 1997. If memory serves me correct, Josh is the one who popped the bag seed that became known today as og kush. He popped those seeds in 96, so no one on earth(he claims) had og kush before then. Not only has hash church confirmed this, so has the Adam Dunn Show. It's hash church episode 50 or right around then. It's a killer episode imo, you can watch the Docta, Matt, Josh, and everyone talk directly to each other confirming the true origins of og kush and bubba and bubba kush. All this stuff.. I just don't have the time to watch it again, the damn things are 4 hrs long. Oh I do remember though it's all in the second half of the episode.

Also check out adamdunnshow.com, and there's more episodes on youtube. They've done a super extensive, but very long and drawn out history of og kush. Adam Dunn Show is seeing that pretty much all the og cuts that have been passed around since the beginning of og kush in 96 are just bag seeds that were renamed. They're going to try and see if all the og cuts are the same genetically, I think they call it the og genome project..

Oh yeah and I was wrong Docta isn't from LA. I remember now he's from PNW, Seattle if I'm not mistaken, he's complained on hash church before about the shitty legalization there.

Here's an article Matt/Bubba wrote for High Times a while back. . Dont take this as the full story on og kush, there's much more to it, check out the hash church episode where Josh and Matt and Docta all talk to each other.

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

Dude the Docta graduated from Highschool in 2003 he started smoking in 2001 and he is from Virginia and moved to Washington his sophmore year of highschool which was 2001.....he knows alot of people ....for sure.....alot o his cuts he got from OrgnKid and Kyle Kushman among others. he is an Albert Walker dude and face off which he has stated as og kush bag seed from So Cal drum and bass party...the dude that he was buying weed from in 01 was a glass blower who had been in the scene for a while but I have never heard or read anywhere that he has anything to do with Bubba at all....you are also right in that Matt is Bubba I meant Matt and Josh....Original bubba is a NL seed and Bubba Kush is a A OG Kush x Bubba/NL.....but.........I have also read an alternate story which has nothing to do with any of those dudes....which was on overgrow....by Katsu and others....but the reality is it is basically an affie crossed to a chem fam type bud period.....I have affies from Kush Mountains that taste and smell just like bubba....Coffee/Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough/ hash and the smoke smells like sandalwood/Nag Champa also the mint bubba i have a cut that smells like that as well....pine/mint.....Landrace seeds from Afghanistan.....reality is everyone wants a piece of the limelight.....no one really realizes how many badass plants are out there and being born every day....

hiiipower

hiiipower

I have affies from Kush Mountains that taste and smell just like bubba....Coffee/Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough/ hash and the smoke smells like sandalwood/Nag Champa also the mint bubba i have a cut that smells like that as well....pine/mint.....Landrace seeds from Afghanistan.....reality is everyone wants a piece of the limelight.....no one really realizes how many badass plants are out there and being born every day....

Wanna share??:D hehe.. Couldn't agree more man. I didn't mean exactly that Docta had anything to do with bubba kush, he just explains on that episode to Matt that he had a cut that was similar in appearance/smell to bubba kush, before 98, and that was the reason he dubbed it pre-98 bubba. But maybe I'm just that big of a stoner and imagined this all my own, I can't ever rule that out hahaha.

Goes to support your statement about bubba like strains from Kush Mountains. No one single person has a lock on one single strain, cannabis is so diverse that similar traits of many strains show up through many different crossings. Hope that even makes sense...

Anybody got any other info on the Docta or this??

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I didn't mean exactly that Docta had anything to do with bubba kush, he just explains on that episode to Matt that he had a cut that was similar in appearance/smell to bubba kush, before 98, and that was the reason he dubbed it pre-98 bubba. But maybe I'm just that big of a stoner and imagined this all my own, I can't ever rule that out hahaha.

If you read that article I posted your commentary doesn't make any sense. In 2002 he was still in high school and did his first grow. I doubt he was hoarding clones in Junior High when he hadn't even grown yet.

I looked through Hash Church and could not find any episodes with The Docta. I did find an episode with DrKush, but that is someone different. Perhaps you are confused, or perhaps you could post the episode you watched here. They are all on YouTube.

outwest

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I have the real Bazooka Joe 52 day Indiana Bubble Gum. If you wanted to compare it's in my ice box thread. It's old, but I don't think bubba has anything to do with it. Just my opinion.

Wisher619

Wisher619

If you watch Hash Church 52 both Josh and Bubba are on there...Talking to Todd McCormick....Bubba says EXACTLY what I have said all along.....the OG Bubba was a NL...short and stalky and tasted of earth and a Pine forest.....which is NL.....then when "The Kush" aka OG Kush hermed......tada Bubba Kush was born......I have said this since the beginning ....take a OG Kush and herm it......take the pollen and impregnate a NL cut that has intense Pine scent and Flava that is super stocky with overlapping leaves........you will find a bubba Kush in the seeds i guarantee it......but...no 2 plants are alike just as no 2 humans are alike....thats why we clone and keep mothers...because you will never be able to recreate an exact replica.....

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

oh and by the way....@hiiipower where did you here that ThaDocta is allergic to weed.....I know that Horatio from Hash Church is but......he is Def not ThaDocta

Top Bottom