Pre carbon filter

• Thread starter Daviee___
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daviee___

Daviee___

So I couldnt wait half a week to order an actual pre filter sleeve. I'm pretty sure this thing is the same thing if not better ! Will this work or nah?

Daviee___

Daviee___

Yeah I thought it was some fancy type of cloth. So if anything this will probably be more efficient. Idk we'll see I'm pretty sure someone has done this

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I thought it was some fancy type of cloth. So if anything this will probably be more efficient. Idk we'll see I'm pretty sure someone has done this

Well im cautioning it may be too restrictive with the double carbon and allergy level filter material but please report back. The pre carbon layer could also extend the filter life.

Daviee___

Daviee___

Well im cautioning it may be too restrictive with the double carbon and allergy level filter material but please report back. The pre carbon layer could also extend the filter life.
I was going to leave the filter outside of the tent just incase or what do you think?

Kepp89

Kepp89

you can keep it however you had it but hes saying listen to the exhaust fan when its on. if it seems like its working harder, then it may be because the wrap is thicker and restricts more air than the one you should be using. and it seems like that has velcro? so the only reason you should keep it outside of the tent is to save space if you need it. with the filter being velcro its easily removed and washed. but hes saying caution to listen to the motor of the exhaust fan. the filter wont give a crap whats going on, it just passes air. but the motor on the exhaust fan might care what filter you use. if it does seem to be working harder, then the prefilter may be a better idea.

when he says pre filter thats where you pull air out of your tent and into your carbon filter thats outside of the tent. put a debris filter on the end of the duct opening inside of the tent. when that duct sucks in air from the tent it will filter it before it gets to the carbon filter. (prefilter) so now carbon filter doesnt need that wrap on the outside

Daviee___

Daviee___

you can keep it however you had it but hes saying listen to the exhaust fan when its on. if it seems like its working harder, then it may be because the wrap is thicker and restricts more air than the one you should be using. and it seems like that has velcro? so the only reason you should keep it outside of the tent is to save space if you need it. with the filter being velcro its easily removed and washed. but hes saying caution to listen to the motor of the exhaust fan. the filter wont give a crap whats going on, it just passes air. but the motor on the exhaust fan might care what filter you use. if it does seem to be working harder, then the prefilter may be a better idea.

when he says pre filter thats where you pull air out of your tent and into your carbon filter thats outside of the tent. put a debris filter on the end of the duct opening inside of the tent. when that duct sucks in air from the tent it will filter it before it gets to the carbon filter. (prefilter) so now carbon filter doesnt need that wrap on the outside
Fans seem to be operating just fine doesnt sound like it's being forced.
Everything seems to be working just fine and steady I ended up just hanging it up inside. Will take a picture . Please let me know if theres anything else I might be able to add or move around in a better spot please lmk thanks!

Daviee___

Daviee___

Do I still need to add an intake vent?

Kepp89

Kepp89

not usually. unless you need to control the temperature or bring in co2 for the plants to use. the main key thing is no stale air. no sitting water. no pots sitting in 1" of water

by stale air i mean if you put your hand in that spot, you'll feel zero air movement. you want air movement all over the place as best you can but not too much to irritate the plants.

Daviee___

Daviee___

My temps at night right now are usually 62F-65F without a heater. With heater on I usually let it sit around 68-70... with lights on highest it goes is 78F. Now if I was to put an intake will that drop or lower my humidity with lights off ?

Kepp89

Kepp89

My temps at night right now are usually 62F-65F without a heater. With heater on I usually let it sit around 68-70... with lights on highest it goes is 78F. Now if I was to put an intake will that drop or lower my humidity with lights off ?
imo thats a tad cold at night. usually a 8-10 degree temp swing is a-ok but any more stresses the plant a touch i think? you'll get some interesting colors at least.

in theory it should lower it but thats assuming outside your tent isnt more humid than inside your tent. if its humid asf outside of your tent then you're bringing in humidity with your exhaust fan. you just need to mess with everything until you find what works for your specific setup. your size tent with your cfm exhaust and port sizes etc all play a role in how you set your air system up. it helps to have a speed controller for your exhaust fan too.

Top Bottom