Pre-charging coco

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So I know there are many schools of thought on this issue and I would like to hear them all. I am about to take a dive into coco growing after being almost solely a soil farmer and want to gather as much info as possible. I understand why one would pre-charge coco and am equally curious about about why those who do not pre-charge forgo the process. Ultimately I want to hear as many opinions on this so for those who pre-charge leave your methods and reasoning here, and for those who don’t I want to hear your reasoning as well.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
IMO it's a waste. Most of us use complete nutrients that aren't lacking or even close to it in ppm makeup of nutes. It's just an extra step that isn't needed. I get the whole locking up nutes and then releases them as it breaks down. Also tho most of our feeds are complete so even if the medium is absorbing some nutes there is plenty of them left over. The only issue I could see with this is you feeding really low like sub 200 ppm. I never have seen an issue that has popped up because of lack of precharging. Any of the horticulture grade stuff I have never had an issue with. Maybe most of it is already charged. Been using Tupur from royal gold for a couple of years before all the rockwool and now back on it. Doubt that is charged. Didn't change a thing with my feeds. Just had to adjust my hand watering in veg. Only time I rinsed coco was with bricks and blocks. Even then I didn't run nutes through them until plants where in them. I think way too many people treat it like a unicorn when it's just something to grow plants in.

You are bringing back the horrid memories of flushing bags of hydroton with hundreds of gallons of water to get the loose sediment out of it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I know there are many schools of thought on this issue and I would like to hear them all. I am about to take a dive into coco growing after being almost solely a soil farmer and want to gather as much info as possible. I understand why one would pre-charge coco and am equally curious about about why those who do not pre-charge forgo the process. Ultimately I want to hear as many opinions on this so for those who pre-charge leave your methods and reasoning here, and for those who don’t I want to hear your reasoning as well.
you got a road ahead ,ive done it and didnt like it,im use to soil and what it needs,when i did coco,i to heard all the rinse stuff,only charge was first feed ,i can see were it might help too ,if you run ppm and ph at stages of growth ,you never get to full strength it seemed to me,before i could adjust for growth it done went and grew more,so fast it's too fast in my opinion ,with it charged you dead nut for what ever you start being seed or clone,also benifit from making damn sure your were you want to be as far as ph and ppm you run,i swear i ran 100 gal of water threw that brick before i got same as i was putting in,once i got to that point i feed the coco its first nutes,for sure a feed every time ,i feed twice a day in veg when they started rocking and flower time i was doing 3 and 4 ,them bitchs be hungry ,if i was gonna do a 100 plants and set up for it,i run the coco again,but just a few plants ,hell no to much work ,now with a flood table i would rock coco,im just dipping into the water gig outside right now and want to perfect all in there own ways

TerriR

TerriR

I got this brand of coco...rinsed it before I planted in it. Now I just water daily with masterblend and a little calmag. I really like it...guess the plants do too 😁 (week 2 of flower schedule)

A281AFCB D2FB 4BE5 8B88 73C76637CE27
38A88D42 EF10 4FF2 8E91 F331DF32C055
R

Reefman52

😎 cool thanks..... Flush the bricks aye?

Top Bottom