Pre Conditioning Soil

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I wet my soil before I plant transplant. Its almost always too dry.

If anybody else does stuff like this post up your tricks!

I take:

Cap's bennies at fatTBSP/g

MicrobeLift waaaaay more than the bottle says. I dont know how much...about 5-7ml/gal. (Fwiw, in a pond, 2.5ml treats 1000 gallons...I am bringing pain to larvae that may be hiding)

tsp/ gal molasses

1 cup of EWC / gal.....if using promix or something with no microbiology

I use this soup to wet it up...it does great. I am thinking of adding neem meal.

This was my effort to battle possible bugs in the soil...which seems to be an issue for folks these days.

Any body else do stuff like this to their soil before planting?

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I really like this. I'll be transplanting in the next few days and will use everything in here but the EWC and neem oil. Thanks.

outwest

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey mh, i usually wet mine up with some drammatic k, and mollasses. 42o

Medijuana

Medijuana

Nice! So do you think if I had done this with my soil, I wouldn't have had all my germinated seeds get eaten by some bastard larvae/worm looking things? That was my first attempt ever at growing, so needless to say, it was disappointing. I ended up heat sterilizing all my soil before getting to work with the clones I acquired. They're all going strong right now, so all's well so far.

Also, how far in advance to you have to add all the above to the soil before you plant/transplant?

V

vierundzwanzig

Yeah I do something like what you do MH.
After filling the new bigger pot with an insert of the transplant smaller pot I spray with whatever is in the nearest pump sprayer then line the bottom with EWC.
On top of the castings and all around the transplant whole i sprinkle Azos and rhizosphere.
Depending on the moisture of the rootball I wait a day or two before soaking. This way depending on the size of pot i up pot to can I go a couple of weeks without watering.
Plus i think the soaking after a transplant might add to the shock especially in super soil unless of course you transplant from super to super.
maybe more coco coir in your mix will prevent the dryness?

Top Bottom