Pre-flower vs Flower

• Thread starter Cheerios420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cheerios420

Cheerios420

Hi there, just wanna know if those are preflower or it as started to bud. Well I have 4 Girl Scout Cookie all female and non auto grown from seeds (60% ind 40% sat) germinated around mid March, grew about 12” tall (14/10 light) then dropped em outside around mid may so it sure lost a bit of light
What y’all think pre flower or flower?and if it is bud is it worth it to reveg? Still have 5 month until harvest

Pre flower vs flower
Pre flower vs flower 2
Pre flower vs flower 3
Cheerios420

Cheerios420

Thank,
That’s what a taught too but early flower isn’t it? Like 2 week into flowers. Too late to reveg? Still have 5 month until harvest? Btw it’s outdoor

Cheerios420

Cheerios420

Started reveg after 3 weeks, popin long and thin leaves, I’ll post some pics later. Should I remove the pistils? One of my friend told me it would reduce the flowering hormone, just wanna know what y’all think. Should I do it or it will be too much stress for those girls?

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Started reveg after 3 weeks, popin long and thin leaves, I’ll post some pics later. Should I remove the pistils? One of my friend told me it would reduce the flowering hormone, just wanna know what y’all think. Should I do it or it will be too much stress for those girls?
why on earth would you re veg something

Cheerios420

Cheerios420

Man I’m seeking help, not more questions. Read from the beginning

Cheerios420

Cheerios420

Man I’m seeking help, not more questions. Read from the beginning the u ce

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sure you can reveg it , are you wanting to take cutting from it , if no let it grow it’s well on its way to bud town . Od .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Never heard of cutting the pistils off... But I have never revegged a plant i can say it's likely to take a month before you see normal veg growth and outdoors personally I wouldn't think it's worth bothering unless you want the tiny harvest.

Just my uneducated on the matter opinion.

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Never heard of cutting the pistils off... But I have never revegged a plant i can say it's likely to take a month before you see normal veg growth and outdoors personally I wouldn't think it's worth bothering unless you want the tiny harvest.

Just my uneducated on the matter opinion.
Yep A man I’ve done it lots of times it takes up to 2 months depending on strain , temps , RH , I had to keep a mother NL#5 going like that for over 10 years I’m not bullshitting , where I live you dont get the luxury of buying clones or buying seed you have to hone your skills on mother plant cloning . But cutting pistil out never heard of that one either. Od

Last edited by a moderator:
AnOldColdSoul13

AnOldColdSoul13

She is starting to flower. There is no “pre-flower” stage. Preflowers refer to the 2 tiny white pistols at the nodes when kept in veg til maturity. Not all strains even show them.
I know this is an older thread and im jumping in randomly, but i found it searching "difference between "pre-flower and flower". Im trying to better understand also. I have 2 questions..
#1 - So basically, as soon as you see pistils anywhere on the plant, its most likely female?
#2 As soon as "bud sites" start appearing with pistils coming out of them, the plant is in flowering? (Speaking of autos, by the way.)
I had only heard of veg and flower up until today.. According to your comment, Im gathering that "pre-flower" is more of a loose term for veg right before it switches to flower more than it is an actual stage of plant growth?
Thanks for any answers..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know this is an older thread and im jumping in randomly, but i found it searching "difference between "pre-flower and flower". Im trying to better understand also. I have 2 questions..
#1 - So basically, as soon as you see pistils anywhere on the plant, its most likely female?
#2 As soon as "bud sites" start appearing with pistils coming out of them, the plant is in flowering? (Speaking of autos, by the way.)
I had only heard of veg and flower up until today.. According to your comment, Im gathering that "pre-flower" is more of a loose term for veg right before it switches to flower more than it is an actual stage of plant growth?
Thanks for any answers..

If you see white pistils it’s a female and it’s flowering when you see little clusters of pistils forming.

Top Bottom