Pre flowering Myths???

• Thread starter Hanta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hanta

Hanta

Seen a bunch on info online about pre flowering how its not apart of the flowering stage or how its not... I'v got a couple pistils. I thought I wouldn't see them this early. I'm just trying to clarify if that I see pistils now, Does that mean its going to keep flowering? Should I switch to flowering nutrients? If I have a so called 10 week strain, does that mean in 10 weeks they will be done? (more or less) On Royal Queen Seeds they say first sign of pistils = week 2 of flower... so I only have 9 weeks left then?

Just trying to get some thoughts going. More research = more confusion, honestly this topic has lots of bs out there. Thanks!

Pre flowering myths
Wolfe

Wolfe

No it doesn’t mean it’s going to just start flowering right away. It means it showed it's sex, which technically is called preflower. Hence before flower.

Hanta

Hanta

No it doesn’t mean it’s going to just start flowering right away. It means it showed it's sex, which technically is called preflower. Hence before flower.
Any ideas when i should switch to bloom nutrients?

BigCube

BigCube

Preflower happens in veg around week 6 or 8 so you would keep giving it veg cycle nutes. Most people dont veg long enough to see preflowers. If you keep your light schedule at 18/6, it will stay In veg. If you flip it to 12/12 , it will flower.

Unless it is autoflower. In that case it flowers when it wants. If its auto and you see flowering of any kind, assume its flowering and feed accordingly.
At least that's how I understand autos.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Preflowers are just a sign of plant maturity. It's like going through puberty... means they are ready for reproduction. Doesnt mean they will flower right away, but it means they are ready to when the photoperiod is correct.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Any ideas when i should switch to bloom nutrients?

It really depends on what you're growing in. In soiless or hydro I wouldnt switch to high P bloom food until the very end of flowering. Outdoor soil is a bit different, and I would switch at about 3 weeks of flower.

BigCube

BigCube

Yup very much depends on your setup and strain. I start feeding mine flower nutes week 1. Just in a lower amount and ramp it up till week 7 or 8.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I never switch after some testing. Growing in ocean forest with added large perlite i use a balanced complete grow ratio to the end but taper off the strength as they ripen and need much less.

Top Bottom