Pre Flowering

• Thread starter GRASSY LAKE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

First outdoor grow been indoors for too long...starting seeing some pre flowering for the last two weeks on most of my plants.
Living in Northern California and not sure if these will revert back too veg?others are doing just fine...any info would be appreciated.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
First outdoor grow been indoors for too long...starting seeing some pre flowering for the last two weeks on most of my plants.
Living in Northern California and not sure if these will revert back too veg?others are doing just fine...any info would be appreciated.
Today is the summer solstice from here on out the days will begin to be shorter. So everything outdoors in NorCal should start to flower now and not revert to vegetative growth. Best of luck. Peace

Underthesun

Underthesun

I generally have preflowers show up 6 to 8 weeks after I plant my seeds...which is June for me. I consider my plants flowering when calaxes start stacking, usualy very late July to Mid-August for me.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

That sounds a lot better too me.then basically everything looks right!thanks for your insight

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So I live in Northern California and have been talking to a lot of farmers this year who have had plants start to flower when they shouldn't be. The normal schedule for most is that clones can go out may 20th as long as you have been adjusting your light cycle in your greenhouse to closely resemble the hours of daylight outside. I had 5 or 6 plants out of a my two gardens that started to pre flower and I ripped them out. I asked a couple other very experienced farmers and had about half of them say this year only they had plants start to pre flower. Some even had seed starts flower which is absolutely crazy because you can put those out in early April and be fine. Everyones consensus this year was that the rain and cold spell we had about a week or two ago created this problem due to the very cold and wet May that we had. I would 100 percent rip out the plants and search hard for the biggest healthiest plants from some friends and instantly replant. You can still get huge plants if you plant mid June and honestly flowered plants are crappy and almost never re veg and do we'll.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Today is the summer solstice from here on out the days will begin to be shorter. So everything outdoors in NorCal should start to flower now and not revert to vegetative growth. Best of luck. Peace
My plants always flower around the end of July and I harvest sometime in October. I'm in nor cal

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Yeah I hope they still do ok but not going too pull them there 4 footers in pots(20G)think I'll ride it out and see...thanks

BudBogart

BudBogart

I am also in Northern California and most of my outdoor has shown preflower in the past 10 days or so. I do have 2 of them that just seemed to keep on flowering. Trying to determine what's going on there, but the little preflower is appropriate for our grows.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

I am also in Northern California and most of my outdoor has shown preflower in the past 10 days or so. I do have 2 of them that just seemed to keep on flowering. Trying to determine what's going on there, but the little preflower is appropriate for our grows.
They don't look like there growing more pistils just kinda lagging?just wait and see I guess...thanks for that info much appreciated

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Actually, this seems perfect, the grow the little preflower and that's all. They continue in their vegetative mode for another few weeks.i think you are right on the money.
Now that's what I was looking for BUD...thanks bro

Underthesun

Underthesun

Yeah, its not like flipping a light switch to 12/12. They slowly go into flowering as the days slowly get shorter. Not near as abrubt as indoors. But by mid to late August you won't be able to stop staring at them, you will know, and you will be a very happy grower once you see what the sun can do to flowering cannabis.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

I'm constantly out in the back looking and watching and antisapating...love every minute of it.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm constantly out in the back looking and watching and antisapating...love every minute of it.
Are the leaves of new growth showing five or more fingers, or have they started sending out three finger leaf?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Okay, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that does very strongly indicate that the plant momentarily started to flower.
The traditional advice in this situation is to replace that plant with another young plant to achieve your best results and quality yield for that grow space.
That may not be a viable option and you may choose to continue growing the 3 finger plant which I understand will slowly start growing 4 and 5 finger leaves then resume normal vegetative growth.
I have the same situation you do. I replaced one with a teenager I had, but kept one going as I am out of back up. Better to have some thing than an empty hole.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Okay, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that does very strongly indicate that the plant momentarily started to flower.
The traditional advice in this situation is to replace that plant with another young plant to achieve your best results and quality yield for that grow space.
That may not be a viable option and you may choose to continue growing the 3 finger plant which I understand will slowly start growing 4 and 5 finger leaves then resume normal vegetative growth.
I have the same situation you do. I replaced one with a teenager I had, but kept one going as I am out of back up. Better to have some thing than an empty hole.
yeah I'm not going too pull...got another to add too the pack.i kinda was guessing on what was going on with them?well see how they turn out?

Last edited:
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@MendoGiantZ -- this abnormal preflowering thing has been going on 3-4yrs now at least.
This is the first year I have seen it in so many gardens. Also I have never seen seed starts flower on people. My friends are experienced gardeners to so its not because they just put clones out to early or something obvious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom