Pre MPD 5 Lowes gallon Veg Buckets

• Thread starter Slr342
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slr342

Hey guys

I have 5 plants ready to flower in a 3x3 tray.

I really like these veg buckets as they give the roots a chance to grow out really nice before I drop them in the flower room.

These girls are past ready to go into flower but there I wont have to wait for roots to develope =)

Principles of the system.

5- 5 Gallon buckets with variors 10"+ net pots. I am trying out a couple of different ones

1.5" net pot water height with appropriate air stones via the wonderful advice of Double LED.

Strains: g13x5, Banana, LA Confidential and Blue Hawian.

1080 gph circulation pump for 5 gals and 600 gph drippers.

Advanced AB House and Garden Additives.

Any advice is greatly appreciate :passingjoint:

Pre mpd 5 lowes gallon veg buckets
Pre mpd 5 lowes gallon veg buckets 2
Pre mpd 5 lowes gallon veg buckets 3
Pre mpd 5 lowes gallon veg buckets 4
Pre mpd 5 lowes gallon veg buckets 5
L

Lost

Hey, just a few things... I see a leaf in you bucket and in the hydroton. This will decay and give you root rot. You have to be really clean if you are doing this mothod :)

Also, fill those baskets with hydroton, why only 1/3 full?

You puck needs to be completely burried, the top should be no closer than 1 inch from the top with hydroton all over it.

Looking good so far, just keep up on the keeping things clean. Nothing can send your grow sideways like a leaf rotting in the res :)

S

Slr342

Hey guys =)
I am not sure why the roots look like this but it could be because I am not currently using a chiller.
Thanks for the advice Lost. I am gonna go down right now and clean up all that stow aways =)
I really like your grows and I want to use Snow Storm/ Gravity myself =)

Have you tried using bush master for MPDs?

Seems like they would go hand in hand.

Thanks and much love

S

Slr342

Well I am skilled adept and judging by the magnetic pull from water I would say 78ish lol j/k =P

I havent measured but it seems warmer and I will be getting a chiller for flower.

Some questions.

I switch off the drippers going 24 hours to the circulation pump going 24 hours. Is this a problem and should I stick with the drippers?

I turn the air pump off during the 6-8 hour dark periods but I will sometimes leave the ciruclation pump going. Perhaps this has something to do with the color of the roots.

Although Roots Excerlurator and Algen turn the water dark like octopus poop and I havent tried using that water cleaner that double LED uses.

I have one of those 110 lpm china air pumps so it definately needs a cool down period.

L

Lost

Thats what the algn does to the roots.. But it also maks it hard to see when the rot or pythium move in..

A chiller is a must even in veg. If you get nasties in veg, the chiller is only going to slow them down, not kill them..

S

Slr342

Root rot? Pythium? I use energy to keep that stuff away ;)

I really like this veg system and I see it as saving at a least a week in the total time, maybe more considering the ultra fast growth. I am pretty sure you could do 10 of these buckets in a 4x4 tray and be nice and ready for flower.

I go right from DWC rooted clone into these buckets then right into flower. You actually may save 2 weeks doing it this way who knows.

I like this cloning system as it gets the roots ready for the buckets with no waiting for the roots to grow down.

The LED I am using is a 600w 8 Band and it absolutely kicks ass! I would love to use these in flower it I didnt have stupid 8 foot cielings...maybe next time ;)

Its from www.customspectrum.com

Has anyone tried using Bush Master at the start of their MPDs?

Peace

L

Lost

Bushmaster can be used in the first week of flower or a week before. After that its useless.

Its a product for when you fuck up is how I view it. I have fucked up in the past and used it to good results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom