Pre-Plan Grow

• Thread starter Sill E
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sill E

Hello,
As I was surfing the internet today trying to look up more information on growing a little something, something. I came across this Forum, read a couple threads and comments here and there. Began to like this and the layout this site has. Now on to the point.

I obtained A LOT of random seeds from a person on the streets one day. So this sparked up curiosity to what they could be and how much I always wanted to grow my own plant. For my first grow, I don't want to go overboard. I would really like only one plant to grow inside of my closet. As for lighting, ventilation, organic soil, and everything else that comes with it. Completely unexperienced. It would mean a lot for you guy to get me started by walking me through and giving advice on a wide range. Of course they're is a budget. I would like to go under the $200 mark. I'll even go up an extra hundred if necessary. Please comment, and thank you. Would love to post up my progress, and learn a lot more down the road. :)

S

Sill E

Sounds like some kind of Hydroponic grow container correct? Sorry man, going all organic soil! I plan to make a couple stops to check out lamps, soil, and nutrients. :)

sky high

sky high

With random bagseed you will need to start off growing more than one plant to end up with a female and not end up with a male or shemale....

there are tons of growlogs here on the Farm. Find one that was a successful closet grow and mirror it....lights/ventilation/nutes/etc. Most of the questions you have and will have are already answered in these grow logs. Without a doubt, you can never read too much.....

set everything up BEFORE you plant even one seed. Get yer lights and temps and fans and shit all in order first....or you will be behind the 8-ball from the start and will be miserably disappointed in the outcome.

good luck

s h

bobby

bobby

In my opinion, lighting is one of the most important parts of growing. So this is where you start. The smallest light you can get great pot with is the 150w HPS. I recommend the Mini Sunburst HPS 150 with lamp from hydrofarm. It's $89 bucks.

It's the same headache, so you should grow as much as you can with the $200 bucks.

To increase your odds of success as a newbie, you should start with soil with hand watering...this way you will harvest for sure.

Buy the following items:

1. 2 gallon containers - About 3 bucks each.
2. Soil for the containers - About $15
3. Temp/Humidity meter for your closet $20 bucks
4. Small Air King Fan - $25 bucks
5. Use a gatorade bottle for watering - Free
6. base nutrients - $30 bucks

Hang your light in the closet, turn it on and see if the temperature remains below 85, if so, you're good to grow. If not, you will need to research the best way to cool the space. Turn the light on in the evening so it's cooler.

If you do this, you will see that there are many small problems that arise with growing. Like temperature control, odor control, hiding your light, etc. You will need to research on this forum to solve each individual problem. There is no one way to do things. It's easiest to simply copy a good journal online.

If you use seeds, you will need to plant at least 4 plants to make sure you get a female plant...and even then there is no guarantee. Once you induce flowering, you will be able to determine the sex. Throw out the males and keep the best 1 female.

Do yourself a favor if you can and go and obtain a clone..this will insure you get great product and save you a lot of time. Source one online, you probably won't get robbed for 1 clone.

Plan, plan, plan....research, research, research...there is no way to avoid it....but if you are going to go through the headache of growing 1, you might as well grow as many as you can with your budget.

jagle

jagle

great advice from bobby, but one thing he mentioned that i have to disagree with is

Quote:

Hang your light in the closet, turn it on and see if the temperature remains below 85, if so, you're good to grow. If not, you will need to research the best way to cool the space. Turn the light on in the evening so it's cooler.

you will need proper fresh air intake and proper exhaust otherwise your plants will suffocate.

you need to consider, in order of importance.

Air: proper intake/exhaust and carbon filter. look up cfm, and google how much airflow youll need for your space, you wanna swap fresh air every 3 minutes atleast.

secondly light. cos the more light the more weed. a 150watt hps would be ideal, you can get away with cfls if you have too.

grow in soil, itll be easier. and get a copy of the cannabis grow bible, youll get it online and wanna read it before you start

Latest posts

Top Bottom