Pre-sexing before going outdoors.

• Thread starter banknchips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

banknchips

Ok, so next year I really want to sex my plants before I put them outside. I want to do this so I don't have to take the time to dig holes and waste good soil and nutes on plants i'm just going to throw away anyway's. I know this year none of the plants started to pre-flower before early july. I started my plants may 1st and planted outside june 1st. This does'nt seem to be enough time for them to show pre-flowers before going outside. When should I start my plants indoors so they show there sex before june 1st? Also I have read up on a few early sexing techniques like cloning for sex, covering a branch that I would like to ask a few questions about. First off will a cutting show it's sex before it roots under a 12/12 light regimate in a bubble cloner? So I know that this year at 1 month old none of my plants had started branching, I noticed that they really did'nt start branching until 6 weeks with alittle LST help. Would it be possilbe to cover a node and have that node show sex? Would it be possible to cover the top shoot of the plant on a 12/12 until it shows sex then top it? Or would this stop the new growth and send the whole plant into flower? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Also any other proven early sexing techniques would also be helpful. Thanks again.

4everhigh

or you could just get feminized seeds or take an already exsisting mother and clone her?

B

banknchips

I've thought of this. I do own a 600 watt mh but last time I used it my elec bill went from $120 to well over $400 a month on a 18/6 light cycle. With all my other bills I just can't afford to add that cost into my grow. Another reason is I have limited space to grow out mother plants. Next years grow is going to consist of a few different strains to determine which strain grows best in my area which is around 43 degree's north. The strains I plan on growing out do not come feminized. Mandala #1, Early Riser, Timewarp, Iranian x Chemdog(feminized). I've read about many advantages to cloning but just don't know if I could sustain a suitable grow environment for mother plants.

Top Bottom