Pre-veg room advice...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hey there folks...it is becoming painfully obvious to me that I will need to set up a pre-veg space if I want to run my flower room perpetual...so what I'm thinkin is a 4 x 8 tent with a couple MH halides to support a flower room with 2 x 600's. I want to keep the wattage down but still give me quick growth so my plants are only in this room a few weeks. I think I want to use reflectors with a huge footprint maybe adjust-a-wings. So what do you think of 2 x 250 or 2 x 400 metal halides in medium sized aawings? If do 250's I don't need to worry about air cooling, 400 not so sure...might look into how those Magnum XXXL's work with lower wattage bulbs.

So my main questions are really the best lighting in terms of type and wattage in a 4 x 8 tent...TIA

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
How's it goin' JH.. In my personal opinion just for a pre-veg room and to get the best stock, short stature, well established, thick stems, etc., I would go with 2 x 400's mh with that space.. Depending on how many plants, you might be able to run the 2 x 250's without a bad stretch.

I believe you will have to run a fan of some sort for the 2 x 400's. The XXXL's are kick ass, ime. If it were me and money was not an option, I would use the XXXL's with a vortex. However, you can use compact fluorescents and it'll work fine too. Check out this quick and easy setup with CFL's to hold over a few plants until they can hit the veg room.

On a side note, I also clone directly into large pots and use sandwich bags over the cuts to hold the humidity for 3 days and remove bags and they're off. I use the same daylight CFL's for this, too. :damnhippie:

DSC01399
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

4x8 will need more the 2 @ 400..IMO..maybe 2 @ 600 would give ya the lumes...How big is the flower room thats houseing the 2 @ 600? those 250 do put out heat so keep this in mind...and just how many plants do you wanna run for perpetual? I like to take clones every two weeks..this meens I have plants going in every 3 weeks..I ween the weak and flower the Bopmbs..hope thia helps..Take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the helps...The flower room(s) will be 6' x 6' (2 x 600's) and I should probably add there will be 2 flower rooms running about 35 days apart...so this pre-veg area will be supporting 2 x 1200 watt rooms. Probably about 12-15 plants per room, in 3 or 5 gallon buckets...so this room could only pre-veg around 4-5 weeks max. But there is a separate mother and cloning room.

Top Bottom