pre98 Bubba Kush vs just Bubba Kush

• Thread starter edux10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edux10

hey guys, i had a question about this but couldnt really find it on any search i did. I wanted to know what the differance between the 2 is really. I hear the pre98 is a lot bushier and shorter so i assume the non pre98 bubba is taller but what else?

i usually just see pre98 in most of the grows. if non pre98 is different, how did it come about? And what is with the naming? did something happen in 98 where is caused the genetics to change? s1? hybrid? why did they change the name like that instead of calling the new one something different.

Any info would help, pics would be really helpful, like a sideby side of the 2 different plants.

S

Swerve

pre98 signifies the bubba that existed before orgnkids creations ie purple bubba, green bubba mint bubba ..

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro, from what I know there's a Katsu Bubba,mint, etc. and then there's da Pre-98 Bubba. Here's a good link from another post about the Katsu vs Bubba and some pics. I cannot go in to detail, I never had the Katsu, but the pre-98 is old school hash plant imo. Short, bushy, slower growing squatish plant that grows rock solid hard kush nugs.

If ya check out Cali Connections forum, I posted a thread about bubba, called it an official bubba thread.. :) In there, there are several older links to old discussions Swerve has had and whatnot bout katsu vs bubba, etc.. There's some good info in there..

E

edux10

Awesome! Great answers from people i trust know better any anyone else.

I have shown this pic to a few people already, but here it is again. I got this cut from the nncc a few years back now. It was labeled "bubba kush" I never got around to successfully flowering it out untill recently. I just kept mothers and clones of it, had broad leaves in Veg, but now it is looking real lanky to me and everyone else that is growing it.

http://i30.invalid.com/2e1c5xy.jpg

what do you guys think? not a bubba huh? I can get a more recent pic of it, about another week or 10 days from that pic, it has piled on a lot more leaves around the bud sites, some are rather broad but they seem nothing like any of the other pics of bubba i have seen.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
If ya could post some more pics that would be great. Of course it's always so hard to tell in pics at least for me.. Check this link for pics of my pre98 from swerve. I have a couple of pics of it in veg. and then flower.

Keep us updated and continue out this as log, love to see how it turns out for ya and see what it is. What light are ya using?

E

edux10

If ya could post some more pics that would be great. Of course it's always so hard to tell in pics at least for me.. Check this link for pics of my pre98 from swerve. I have a couple of pics of it in veg. and then flower.

Keep us updated and continue out this as log, love to see how it turns out for ya and see what it is. What light are ya using?

Im flowerin that one under a 600w HPS, lumatek ballast (purple one), XTra sun air cooled hood, Vortex 6in 445 (?) cfm to vent.

I had her under a floro bank for veg, she was going to be my mother, but i lost a crop and was in a bind to fill up the flower tent, so threw her in. I say this because you can see were it was topped and Fimmed in funny spots, i wouldnt have done that if i was planning on flowering her out at first, but i was going for a ton of shoots to make clones so i clipped a bunch of places.

Let me try to hunt down my camera again, Im convinced it is NOT a bubba and was probably mixed up at the NNCC or possibly by me later on, just looks way too lanky, leaves dont look very fat either. It does grow like a bush but that is it.

J

Jarles Moby

that looks nothing like a pre98 at least. The pre98 is the superior bubba IMO

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I agree with ya there edux, that is deff. not Bubba. Its almost a complete opposite. That things getting its stretch onnnnnnnn.....

BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

bubba willl stretch espesially if u give her weak light.. she needs lots of light & lots of food......& not 2 break ne 1s balls but .....orgnkids buba was purchased be498....hence pre....so any buba hybrid that was created after that woulndt be pre98.......* green,mint,or purple buba is all the same.....even katsu got the bk cut from orgnkid......
i did too...for 500 bux i got 2 cuts.....plus about 20 s1s that were an accident by the way.....thoose s1s were sold on cbay for crazy money.......i payed 1000 for 2 ogers cuts....but that was along time ago........orgnkid payed 25k for his genes

D

DoubleDub

there are many many different cuts of bubba. Just about all of them are simply s1's. take any bubba and s1 it and youll end up with many of the phenos people talk about... mint, katsu, high yielding, purple, high crystal %, good tasting, more earthy, more chemy... etc. i can guarantee you that at one point or another all of these phenos have been called pre 98 bubba. Sure one of em might be the original genetics from seed but honestly who cares.

The whole bubba family is fucking amazing. If you want a different bubba cut just s1 your bubba... you wont be disappointed.

Here's a more lanky super high THC % low yielding pheno that smells very very earthy:

http://i755.invalid.com/albums/xx196/C4ked/Day%2022/DSC_0281.jpg

http://i755.invalid.com/albums/xx196/C4ked/day%2070/DSC_0141.jpg

http://i755.invalid.com/albums/xx196/C4ked/day%2070/DSC_0150.jpg

http://i755.invalid.com/albums/xx196/C4ked/day%2070/DSC_0147.jpg

I'm actually having trouble getting her to s1. Shit man where's the nanners when you need em. lol

P

pdiddy2345

Where does the Blanco Kush fit in the Bubba lineage, is it just an amazing S1?

Latest posts

Top Bottom