Predator mites

• Thread starter Drdre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I'm ordering these predator mites and I want know if anyone has feed back on them. Good or bad feedback I just don't want to cause another problem with the one I already have.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Depends on what pest(s) are you getting them for and how bad the infestation is.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
K thanks. I'm just trying to hold over for another two weeks or so tell I harvest.

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Any suggestions on how to deal with mites four weeks into budding? At this point I'll try anything.

E

Elite Nugs

I just introduced some into my room. Check in on my warehouse thread. I keep it updated and will report back on the predator mites.

I'll also be introducing nematodes to my reservoirs.

T

TreFarmer

...get the ones for the right bugs..
THIS...^^^ and here is the gift shop;) http://www.arbico-organics.com/category/beneficial-insects-predators-parasites/a
If you wanna try anything... Azamax foliar wipes at sundown... don't spray just wipe down (wearing nitrile gloves) leaves and branches, start internal and around bud sites, getting the leaves most effected. If you are still early enough spray once, and then wipe down. Spraing with Seranade to avoid mold depending on RH and other factors (air movement, strain, health etc.)
Good Luck Dre

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Ive found predator mites in my coco(not sure how they got there).
at first i thought they were root aphids but upon further identification i realized they are hypoascus miles (predator mites). to my suprise they have taken care of my fungus gnat problem. they colonize on the top 1/2" of medium and produce rapidly. id say there are hundreds of thousands of them in my garden. (they are TINY) they voraciously consume any bugs/larvae in the soil, then they eat the algae on top then they eat themselves till all are gone.

O

Organicyumyum

Any suggestions on how to deal with mites four weeks into budding? At this point I'll try anything.

the only way to go now that you'er in flowering aside from predator mites would be sns-217. it kills the mites as well as eggs. it's made from rosemary oil so you can spray it up until harvest, though i would give it a few days to a week after spraying before chopping or you may get a slight rosemary flavor to your herb. there is also a product called Mighty Wash which is electrically charged water. it kills mites and eggs also. i tried it and it worked well, but i was using it in conjunction with azatrol and sns-217 switching them every 3 days.....so i haven't tried the mighty wash by itself, but i have read on other forums that it works very well. i'd say sns-217 and switch that with the mighty wash every 3 days til they are gone. don't use azatrol in flower or your herb will taste terrible. if you want, following this introduce the predator mites so they guarantee they don't come back, though the sns and mighty wash should do the trick. all organically, no harsh chemicals or pesticides. also, look into compost teas to keep your plants healthy and resistant to pests and disease in the first place.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Predator mites are for fungus gnat larvae not spider mites

O

Organicyumyum

Predator mites are for fungus gnat larvae not spider mites

actually, you are thinking of beneficial nematodes. predator mites are for spider mites, hence the word mites. there are also mites that control thrips

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Hypoaspis miles ( Stratiolaelaps scimitus Womersley )*is a soil-dwelling, predatory mite that is native to the United States. Hypoaspis feeds on fungus gnats, springtails, thrips pupae, and other small insects in the soil. The mite is 0.5 mm (1/50 inch) long and light-brown in color. It inhabits the top 1/2 inch layer of soil.
Females lay eggs in the soil which hatch into nymphs in 1 to 2 days. Nymphs develop into adults in 5 to 6 days. The lifecycle takes approximately 7 to 11 days

Top Bottom