Predictions on how much longer to harvest

• Thread starter raybuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

raybuck

Bruce banner original. Supposedly 9 to 10 weeks till ripe based on the seed company. These pics are end of week 6. This plant is much farther along than the other 3. Any thoughts on how much longer. Trichomes are swelling. 50% clear, 50% cloudy.

Predictions on how much longer to harvest
Predictions on how much longer to harvest 2
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Bruce banner original. Supposedly 9 to 10 weeks till ripe based on the seed company. These pics are end of week 6. This plant is much farther along than the other 3. Any thoughts on how much longer. Trichomes are swelling. 50% clear, 50% cloudy.
When Seed companies say 9-10 weeks
its the earliest that’s strain has been harvested and not when it’s at it peak

So if your at week six I say at least three weeks if not longer

During the last two weeks they pile it on so obviously you don’t want to harvest to early

Looks good btw 👍🙂

R

raybuck

During the last two weeks they pile it on so obviously you don’t want to harvest to early

Looks good btw 👍🙂
Thanks. Definitely don't want to harvest early. I'll post in 3 weeks and see what you think.

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Looks good btw 👍🙂
I don't think seed companies account for the preflower time. So you need to add 10-14 days to their estimate to get a realistic harvest date. The final arbiter of ripeness is trichome color. Full on milky white with a percentage amber. I like about 15-20% amber. Like most things you will gain a personal preference.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don't think seed companies account for the preflower time. So you need to add 10-14 days to their estimate to get a realistic harvest date. The final arbiter of ripeness is trichome color. Full on milky white with a percentage amber. I like about 15-20% amber. Like most things you will gain a personal preference.
You ussaly add two weeks
However it’s not always the case and looking at the pic it doesn’t look like it will go longer others he has might as he did say the one in the pic was developed
Guess we will see in three weeks 😎🙂

R

raybuck

It's only about two weeks now, end of week 7 from flip. Looks like another week or two. Calyxes are swelling some but still new pistils forming. Trichomes on calyxes are half milky half clear. Amber on finger leaves. My question is should I start flushing?

IMG 20240430 074707
IMG 20240430 074718
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Many growers believe that the start of flowering is the day the light duration changes, i.e., the "flip". Others don't believe that's true, including me. Instead, they think the start of flowering as being when buds appear and that the time between the light change and the appearance of buds -- known as the "stretch" -- is the last part of the vegetation stage. So, accordingly, that 10-to-14-day period shouldn't be counted as flowering time. If counting weeks starts then, the time-to-harvest estimates are usually close to accurate.

Having said all that, my wife and I don't count weeks. We just look at the plants and let our intuition guide us. We prefer the mellow high we get from a late harvest. We've never been disappointed by harvesting late.

Top Bottom