preflower pollenation?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

if the preflowers on a female get pollenated would the hole plant then produce seed or would it be just the preflowers?

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

wen ive done it
i find just the preflowers seed up
would all depend on u polination tecnique
once i see seed set i wash it down usually anyways
all the ebst
bil

hubcap

hubcap

kinda look at it this way farmer greenthumb...
if there are no female flowers to pollinate yet (they havent grown yet), then they cant be pollinated. so, in short, only the female pre's will be pollinated.

i would like to add, tho, that male pollen is persistant and can stick around for a while in the right conditions. so if a male sheds pollen and, for example, it sticks to your young female until more female flowers appear...there is a chance the newer flowers can be pollinated by the older "hanging around" pollen, if said young female gets "bumped" or "moved" causing the pollen to get airborne again....
to keep unwanted pollination to a minimum, one should do the pollination in seperate quarters, if possible, and after a few hours give a mist of water on the plants to knock stray pollen out of the air and off the leafs/stems rendering it (the pollen) inert...

i hope that helped. im on some mind bending indica meds this morning and im not thinking real straight.

-hub

Top Bottom