Premature flowering after six weeks from seed

• Thread starter BostonBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BostonBudz

BostonBudz

I am still a bit of a novice with this being my third year of growing. I have an indoor tent with LED lights on 24 hours a day. I’m in the Northeast outside of Boston. My intention was to start my plants and grow them inside until they got too big for the tent before putting them in my garden outside. I was targeting mid June to transplant them outside.

Six plants, three strains, all sativa. (sour diesel, Panama Red, Hawaiian snow). Two plants for each strain. Currently between one and 2 feet high each.

The seeds were germinated on March 30 and put into organic soil. They are female seeds and NOT autoflowers. they grew for four weeks before I added any fertilizer. When I fertilized them for the second time, two days ago, I noticed what looked like flowers, but figured it was just quick growth which would turn into leaves. I was wrong. My neighbor has years of experience, and he is quite certain that these are actually flowering. Not just one, but five out of the six plants appear to be flowering!

I don’t understand how these seedlings, in vegetative stage with 24 x 7 light, will go directly into flowering after six weeks!

Interested in anyone’s thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.

Premature flowering after six weeks from seed
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’m going to guess, growers choice! Had that experience with them a few years ago. Sure looks like autos!

Eledin

Eledin

Apparently is not that uncommon, I have a friend in the US that had the same problem too, he bought regular feminized and half of them started flowering to his surprise cause they were autos. Im a little bit confused about the 24 hours of light a day though, I thought that schedule was only "good" for autos (and not even that, they can tolerate it but is not ideal specially in flowering). Why are you not giving them a dark period? Im genuinely intrigued, it goes against what I know but I never tried to put my plants in 24 hours of light during veg so I dont know, I know that is not healthy for the plant but maybe you do it cause they grow quicker? They do several things while in dark that they cant do or not nearly as well when there's light, like transpiration.

ev.dawgy

ev.dawgy

I am still a bit of a novice with this being my third year of growing. I have an indoor tent with LED lights on 24 hours a day. I’m in the Northeast outside of Boston. My intention was to start my plants and grow them inside until they got too big for the tent before putting them in my garden outside. I was targeting mid June to transplant them outside.

Six plants, three strains, all sativa. (sour diesel, Panama Red, Hawaiian snow). Two plants for each strain. Currently between one and 2 feet high each.

The seeds were germinated on March 30 and put into organic soil. They are female seeds and NOT autoflowers. they grew for four weeks before I added any fertilizer. When I fertilized them for the second time, two days ago, I noticed what looked like flowers, but figured it was just quick growth which would turn into leaves. I was wrong. My neighbor has years of experience, and he is quite certain that these are actually flowering. Not just one, but five out of the six plants appear to be flowering!

I don’t understand how these seedlings, in vegetative stage with 24 x 7 light, will go directly into flowering after six weeks!

That's a lot of flower for veg!

If logic is real, then I would have to guess you have small pots at the moment? Rootbound plants can flower early. Very stumped as to how this has happened to multiple strains other than being extremely rootbound.

Other than that, which fertilizer did you add? Not that it should even matter, but just curious what you put into the soil.

This is actually ridiculous how much flower is on these guys for non AUTO's, especially with 24hrs of light...

I do have one more observation from my own experiences, being that I've had some plants flower off on me when I let the pots dry out too much, it's happened even in 5 gallons, but I didn't water them for a long time and the plant was in some type of survival mode.

Nothing like what you have, but just some male preflowers that are 1/8th developped, and probably had been occuring for 3 or 4 weeks to get to that point.

Hope we can figure this one out!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Maybe not what you ordered but it’s what the seed bank sent you.
I've had my own experience ordering photo-period plants and getting auto-flowering plants in their place. It's not just 1 seed bank although a small handful of these seed banks seem to have the majority of these type of issues.

I don't believe its intentional. All it takes is packaging the seeds in the wrong package. It shouldn't be happening but it does sometimes. I chalk this up to human error. It happens.

ev.dawgy

ev.dawgy

I've had my own experience ordering photo-period plants and getting auto-flowering plants in their place. It's not just 1 seed bank although a small handful of these seed banks seem to have the majority of these type of issues.

I don't believe its intentional. All it takes is packaging the seeds in the wrong package. It shouldn't be happening but it does sometimes. I chalk this up to human error. It happens.
Could be a cross contamination of pollen from some autos as well.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
in all my buying of seeds i’ve never had this happen..
i buy fem photos and get fem photos and i’m pretty sure everyone of those seeds also germinated/grew..
you get what you pay for now days, no such thing as deals with anything of high quality..
sooo many fly by night pretend seed breeders selling junk..
here’s 2 trusted/high quality breeders who don’t need to advertise, sell their seeds cheap or nothing as their stuff speaks for itself..
Anesia seeds and
worldstrongeststrains.com

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

in all my buying of seeds i’ve never had this happen..
i buy fem photos and get fem photos and i’m pretty sure everyone of those seeds also germinated/grew..
you get what you pay for now days, no such thing as deals with anything of high quality..
sooo many fly by night pretend seed breeders selling junk..
here’s 2 trusted/high quality breeders who don’t need to advertise, sell their seeds cheap or nothing as their stuff speaks for itself..
Anesia seeds and
worldstrongeststrains.com
There are more than those 2 breeders offering good genetics. However, especially Anesia Seeds ... their offerings have piqued my interest. The only issue with Anesia is they don't have a USA based vendor at this time. You're forced to order them from European suppliers for the most part. I'm told that at least for the time being anyway, Anesia doesn't have any plans on changing their distribution to include USA based seed banks.

I try to avoid ordering from over-seas seed banks because I prefer to use a credit card for the transaction. It's only on rare occasions have I been able to get foreign card transactions approved. Most of the time these days, I order from NASC (North Atlantic Seed Company).

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
There are more than those 2 breeders offering good genetics. However, especially Anesia Seeds ... their offerings have piqued my interest. The only issue with Anesia is they don't have a USA based vendor at this time. You're forced to order them from European suppliers for the most part. I'm told that at least for the time being anyway, Anesia doesn't have any plans on changing their distribution to include USA based seed banks.

I try to avoid ordering from over-seas seed banks because I prefer to use a credit card for the transaction. It's only on rare occasions have I been able to get foreign card transactions approved. Most of the time these days, I order from NASC (North Atlantic Seed Company).
of course theres other companies, but i can say those 2 i mentioned are worth the money..
yes you can buy anesia seeds through
“canna pot”, i use them to ship to canada, yes they take credit card..
WSS is in canada and ships to u.s.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

of course theres other companies, but i can say those 2 i mentioned are worth the money..
yes you can buy anesia seeds through
“canna pot”, i use them to ship to canada, yes they take credit card..
WSS is in canada and ships to u.s.
I haven't tried Canadian seed banks yet. Does WSS offer Anesia genetics? I've browsed their site before. I don't recall seeing Anesia in their offerings. I have not had CC issues on this side of the pond so I'll likely look further into it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I haven't tried Canadian seed banks yet. Does WSS offer Anesia genetics? I've browsed their site before. I don't recall seeing Anesia in their offerings. I have not had CC issues on this side of the pond so I'll likely look further into it.
wss only sells their stuff and you can’t buy their stuff from seed banks..

A

alpha.ganjaguy

what size container are they in? It is not unheard of for a rootbound photoperiod to begin to flower, I have three plants that do this if I do not uppot them when they want to be..

fawnridge

fawnridge

I did not buy auto flower seeds.
Same here. I bought photo flowering seeds from Pacific Seed and 10 of the 25 turned out to be autoflowering. Not much you can do. We got less than an ounce out of each of the ten plants. What a waste.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Same here. I bought photo flowering seeds from Pacific Seed and 10 of the 25 turned out to be autoflowering. Not much you can do. We got less than an ounce out of each of the ten plants. What a waste.
Pacific Seed Company seems to always come up when discussing this topic.

Eledin

Eledin

I dont know what seed banks in the US are legit but I never had that problem in 10+ years buying from spanish and dutch seed banks. The banks I bought from are: dutch passion, sweet seeds, royal queen seeds, 00 seeds, barney's farm and sensi seeds.

Top Bottom