Preparing For My First Grow.

• Thread starter VenomToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VenomToker

VenomToker

I starting to buy my equipment for my first grow and would like to know what I'm missing. So this I what I have so far.

2 gavita 1000 de light. Getting one more light next week.
1 10inch hyperfan
1 8 inch hurricane fan
Cloning tray and light fixture
1 8inch phresh exhaust filter to pull air in the room
Smart pots
Ordered 1 10 by 39 phresh filter today

Please let me know what else I'm missing or would make it easier. Still have $1400.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

3000w of light will be tough to keep cool no? Id invest more in a circulation system with that much heat. But that's just me

VenomToker

VenomToker

3000w of light will be tough to keep cool no? Id invest more in a circulation system with that much heat. But that's just me[/QUOTE

Do you think I should get a bigger inline fan to scoub and to help with the heat Or just add a portable a.c.
What btu you recommend for ac .

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Id recommend running the light cycle at night. Closed hoods with a fattie exhaust fan sucking out the heat. Whats the cfm rating of your 8 inch exit fan

VenomToker

VenomToker

Id recommend running the light cycle at night. Closed hoods with a fattie exhaust fan sucking out the heat. Whats the cfm rating of your 8 inch exit fan
The 8 inch is 745 cfm I'm using the 8 inch to suck air in the room. And the 10 inch is 1065 cfm if I'm not mistaken and I'm using that for exits

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Give it a shot. Is this your first grow ever? What you got for genetics?

VenomToker

VenomToker

I'm running ssh and hgk. Wish I would of got more of the cookies. I plan on ordering more when I have everything up and running

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Sounds great. Would love to see some photos. How big is your space? Is everything already setup?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I starting to buy my equipment for my first grow and would like to know what I'm missing. So this I what I have so far.

2 gavita 1000 de light. Getting one more light next week.
1 10inch hyperfan
1 8 inch hurricane fan
Cloning tray and light fixture
1 8inch phresh exhaust filter to pull air in the room
Smart pots
Ordered 1 10 by 39 phresh filter today

Please let me know what else I'm missing or would make it easier. Still have $1400.
First, welcome to the farm. Second, good choice on the lighting. Third, I can't help you well with the ventilation aspects (how big is the room itself?), but fourth, I think you are going to need AC, depending on your location. Fifth, you've got ventilation sorted out well (why two different fans, though?), but you don't have circulation sorted out. You'll want some oscillating fans or something like that, create yourself some laminar flow in the room, keep the girls shakin'.

VenomToker

VenomToker

I haven't setup up the room yet. Still waiting for electricians to finish my sub panel and wiring. The room about 15 x20 with with 9 foot ceiling.

= How
First, welcome to the farm. Second, good choice on the lighting. Third, I can't help you well with the ventilation aspects (how big is the room itself?), but fourth, I think you are going to need AC, depending on your location. Fifth, you've got ventilation sorted out well (why two different fans, though?), but you don't have circulation sorted out. You'll want some oscillating fans or something like that, create yourself some laminar flow in the room, keep the girls shakin'.
The room is about 15x20 and 9ft ceilings, the room might be a little bigger never measured the room so I'm guessing . As for the 2 fans I just wanted to keep fresh air coming in the room at all times. How many oscillating fans do you think I need and what a good solid company you recommend?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

= How

The room is about 15x20 and 9ft ceilings, the room might be a little bigger never measured the room so I'm guessing . As for the 2 fans I just wanted to keep fresh air coming in the room at all times. How many oscillating fans do you think I need and what a good solid company you recommend?

One oscillating fan is as good as the next. Some are cheaply made. Try the 20$ ones at wall Mart or target

As far as ac goes, good rule of thumb is 4000btu per 1000w light apparently. But i got a friend who runs 8000 watts with no ac. Just a bunch of HUGE exhaust fans. Bigger than I've ever seen, with a carbon filter too big for me to put my arms around. His lights come on at 730 pm at night to combat the summer heat. The air system is so gnarly sometimes, so much suction, its hard to open the door in. So theres ways around the ac. His temps run pretty high but its not so bad, just during the summer

VenomToker

VenomToker

One oscillating fan is as good as the next. Some are cheaply made. Try the 20$ ones at wall Mart or target

As far as ac goes, good rule of thumb is 4000btu per 1000w light apparently. But i got a friend who runs 8000 watts with no ac. Just a bunch of HUGE exhaust fans. Bigger than I've ever seen, with a carbon filter too big for me to put my arms around. His lights come on at 730 pm at night to combat the summer heat. The air system is so gnarly sometimes, so much suction, its hard to open the door in. So theres ways around the ac. His temps run pretty high but its not so bad, just during the summer
I just read one fan per 1000 watt light. I'm heading to home depot once I get off work to pick them up. My room full of boxes ready to to be opened.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I just read one fan per 1000 watt light. I'm heading to home depot once I get off work to pick them up. My room full of boxes ready to to be opened.

Id suggest doing a dry run. Turn everything on and find out where you stand. That way plants aren't getting accommodated with constant change. Not good for em. Id start one 1000w at a time to see what produces what amount of heat. And if your circulation and cooling setup isnt enough to handle the temps. Im meticulous, so that's just me.

But if you do, start one at a time and see the heat buildup. What you can handle. And at what point your cooling system isn't enough. (unless it is)

That's what i would do anyway. I guarantee if you never run indoor before and you start with 3000w of light your gonna find out real quick that the temps are gonna be an issue to tackle

VenomToker

VenomToker

Id suggest doing a dry run. Turn everything on and find out where you stand. That way plants aren't getting accommodated with constant change. Not good for em. Id start one 1000w at a time to see what produces what amount of heat. And if your circulation and cooling setup isnt enough to handle the temps. Im meticulous, so that's just me.

But if you do, start one at a time and see the heat buildup. What you can handle. And at what point your cooling system isn't enough. (unless it is)

That's what i would do anyway. I guarantee if you never run indoor before and you start with 3000w of light your gonna find out real quick that the temps are gonna be an issue to tackle
Thanks for the advice and you 100% right . I'm going run the lights for a few days without any plants to get everything dialed in. Thanks a lot bro

VenomToker

VenomToker

Thanks for the advice and you 100% right . I'm going run the lights for a few days without any plants to get everything dialed in. Thanks a lot bro
Them mini split a.c. are expensive. If it too hot im going to run them at night. I have a question. If my lung room has a a.c. can I just pull cool air in the room?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I have a panda film tent i built inside a room right up against a mini split a/c

It cools the back (outside) of my tent, and i have a small cfm fan that sucks it directly into my flower room just a couple feet away from the a/c unit.

Works for me but im not running as much heat as you are. Not even close. If you run your light cycle during the summer days you might run into issues. Depends where u live.

I live in Sothern cali so the summer scorches rooms. Nobody i know can afford the a/c bills to go with running 1000watt lights during the day

VenomToker

VenomToker

I have a panda film tent i built inside a room right up against a mini split a/c

It cools the back (outside) of my tent, and i have a small cfm fan that sucks it directly into my flower room just a couple feet away from the a/c unit.

Works for me but im not running as much heat as you are. Not even close. If you run your light cycle during the summer days you might run into issues. Depends where u live.

I live in Sothern cali so the summer scorches rooms. Nobody i know can afford the a/c bills to go with running 1000watt lights during the day
Yeah I'm have to get heat in check. I want to add three more lights in the future but I'm going to wait until the end of next summer. So I have some experience with summer heat.

Top Bottom