Preping my clones for the summer.

• Thread starter DRONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DRONER

DRONER

Hey guys,

Ive really tried looking up this subject for the last few days, having alot of trouble with the search. Found some useful info but i just wanna be sure i dont fuck up my whole batch of clones im getting on friday.

Im getting the clones, apperantly very well rooted, (ill be the judge of that!!:)) but they will only be about 4-6 inches high. Ive never attempted anything indoors even when it comes to cloners! Im going to buy myself two sets of of 48-in. Fluorescent Shop Light, T8, from Canadian Tire. its 50 bucks. Set it up in my office, Heat mat for the trays, humidity and temp meter.

NOW for my question. I want to grow the clones to about 1.5 feet before i put them outside in 3 weeks. Do i need to transplant the clones into beer cups to get bigger under the light? then transplant to 1 Gallon - then 5 etc etc.

Also, How big do the clones usually need to be before being transplanted to a beer cup?

What kind of time frame am i looking at to get them to 1.5 feet under a T8 like that??

Any suggestions on nutes to throw in when transplanting?

Ill post pics and updates to make sure the pros let me kknow if im messing anything up!!

cheers to you guys, Props to helpin the noobies out there:D !

DR

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
they are ready for beer cups when they have some roots...so put them in cups right away..any potting soil will do as long as it doesnt have Too Many Nutes.
I use happy frog soil others use light warrior (add pearlite) ..
I leave them in beer cups till they need water every day (bit root bound)..then I put them in 1gal. pots
wont need that 5 gal. until they are 1.5 ft tall
Time frame depends on the strain (whats ya gonna grow?)

Good luck with it Bro!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
oh..and another thing...Those clones you getting probably have been under 24hr light..
You will want to switch them to 18..and then to 16 for a bit before you put them out in june with 14.5 hours of light.
(18hrs straight to 14 sometimes doesn't work so well)

DRONER

DRONER

18hrs straight to 14 sometimes doesn't work so well
really appreciate the great info ken! answered all of my questions thanks brother!

Time frame depends on the strain (whats ya gonna grow?)
The clones im getting are called Quebec Bud. its a cross of Freezeland and Northernlights, its basically a remake of the great outdoor strain Quebec Gold which has been around here for years, which was freezeland X M39, apperantly this new strain makes some beautiful POUTINE buds

cheers again ken!

take care brother

DR

DRONER

DRONER

anyone got any suggestions on Pot sizes ( smartpots) biggest i think i would want to do would be 65 gallon ! thats if i can even get that much earth in there for that many pots, would 40 gallon pots do the trick???

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Is this a guerilla grow Droner?

Bigger is better...unless you have to carry them very far...o_O

Never done a guerrilla grow myself. Lot a work though..Im sure.

DRONER

DRONER

Is this a guerilla grow Droner?
definately guerilla, its about a mile hike to get to my spots from where i unload! ive got about 2500 gallons of soil in there since the beginning of the week, and im hoping to have about 3500-4000 more gallons down there within 2 - 3 weeks. its me and a buddy of mine going 50 50 on it, so atleast were two to help keep motivated walking through the forest with 40 gallons of soil bagged over the shoulders!
i think ill only be able to squeeze 35-45 gallon smart pots for size and amount of soil i can get over there in time! otherwise i think i need to Heli-drop in the soil! lol

you think i can get a good yielding plant out of 35 gallon smart pot ken?? any estimates? running a good organic soil mix !!

im really hoping for minimum 5-6 ozs per plant to be safe ..

cheers!

DR

kennetheor

kennetheor

Damn that sounds like a lot of work. I'm glad to be in a Marijuana friendly state where I used a backhoe to dig my holes and fill them.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
you think i can get a good yielding plant out of 35 gallon smart pot ken?? any estimates? running a good organic soil mix !!

im really hoping for minimum 5-6 ozs per plant to be safe ..

cheers!

DR

Im pretty sure A 35 gal pot would be big enough for a 6 oz plant. Yep

Keep us posted. :)

peace

DRONER

DRONER

Im pretty sure A 35 gal pot would be big enough for a 6 oz plant. Yep

Decided to go with 65 gals but reduced my number of plants to be able to handle the load!!

one question about my T8s, how far from the clones should the light be? about 3-4 inces above? really dont wanna screw up my babies!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If you are able to move the light up often, Id keep it about an inch or two away..
Those T8 lights are only good for about a foot max...after that the light is very weak....
Hey, don't forget to harden your babies off before you put them in full sun.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

its soo funny to see some1 thats not really that experienced talking about how there going to jam all this soil out there.. but then dont know how high a light should be above the plant. lol.. u can place them pretty much on the plants.. as long as it doesnt burn.. i keep mine about 2-4 inchs away in my clone area.. .

dude good luck i wish u the best.. but ill say this.. dont put all ur eggs in 1 basket .. or u could be one unhappy camper wen it comes harvest time...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
dude good luck i wish u the best.. but ill say this.. dont put all ur eggs in 1 basket .. or u could be one unhappy camper wen it comes harvest time...

Excellent advice.

Everyone was new at this and had to learn stuff for the 1st time...Droner just wants to go big!

Is this your 1st Grow Droner??

DRONER

DRONER

its soo funny to see some1 thats not really that experienced talking about how there going to jam all this soil out there..
we all gotta learn from somewhere right? like i said above ive never done anything inside under a light, only outside before just wanted to make sure! Jamming the soil out there is one thing, hard manual labor but its the easiest part. dont worry, all my eggs arent in one basket! lol im treating this smmer like a business but a bonus if i can pull of something nice! Ive been studying these forums and cervantes books the last few months. but its always good to hear some input from people on a specific question!

Is this your 1st Grow Droner??

This will be my third season ken but past years, i really did not research at all, kinda winged it. thats why im studying here to grow something nice! ive got the time, the spots, dedication to the grow and the coin to throw down to make it all work.

past years i grew in 10 gallon bags, with pro mix and water, no compost, no fertilizers and hand watering. a real NOOBIE grow

this year i have so far enough earth for 40 gallon bags, organic potting mix from fafard, perlite, worm castings, and powdered veg and bloom guano, irrigation consists of 3/4 inch main hose running of car battery powered pump with 1/4 inch max jet drip line to each bag, 4x50 gallon bassins. Ive got all my PH meters and solution to correct the water and nutes before feeding. still have not chosen my nutes yet (i want organic)!?honostly im crossing my fingers buut i think im close to getting a decent mix and all around spot going! thanks for your input guys much appreciated.

cheers!

DR

Top Bottom