Prepping for next year haha

• Thread starter UK1Richard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UK1Richard

So am currently on my first ever grow but planning for next year if I wanted to grow 3 plants would this size be acceptable for growth and height

Measurements are in feet

6 width
3 depth
6ft height

Would this be large enough for 3 plants to grown in a outdoor greenhouse

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I have 3 plants outdoors in a greenhouse and there is no way that will be fine unless you’re a bonsai ninja. I think even 2 is pushing it.

U

UK1Richard

I have 3 plants outdoors in a greenhouse and there is no way that will be fine unless you’re a bonsai ninja. I think even 2 is pushing it.
Really what would you say size wise I’d need because growtent sizes seem to say different on the amounts of plants etc that’s why I thought the size I said would be acceptable for 3 plants

U

UK1Richard

They’d have 3ft by 3ft by 6ft per plant space wise

Last edited:
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Grow tents probably gauge on indoor plants. My outdoor this yr has fan leaves that were almost 2 ft from palm to tip. I’d say if you doubled your sq ft and went 2-3 ft taller, you’d be fine for 3 plants. My 10w x 26 l x 10 ht is way overgrown by 3 plants. I’ve removed tons of material just to create airflow.

IMG 2018
IMG 1990
IMG 1836
IMG 1842
IMG 2012
IMG 2059
U

UK1Richard

Grow tents probably gauge on indoor plants. My outdoor this yr has fan leaves that were almost 2 ft from palm to tip. I’d say if you doubled your sq ft and went 2-3 ft taller, you’d be fine for 3 plants. My 10w x 26 l x 10 ht is way overgrown by 3 plants. I’ve removed tons of material just to create airflow.
Those are amazing am most probs going to go 2 plants now as my space is very limited outdoors and I think I’ll be fine with 2 with the space I’ve allotted maybe able to tweak it for 3 but definitely got enough space for 2

cpurola

cpurola

Those are amazing am most probs going to go 2 plants now as my space is very limited outdoors and I think I’ll be fine with 2 with the space I’ve allotted maybe able to tweak it for 3 but definitely got enough space for 2
Throw an auto in there with the 2 photos.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Nice plants outside. 5'x5'x 6' high each if you keep them short and bushy.
Otherwise start them late so they have a short veg.

U

UK1Richard

Nice plants outside. 5'x5'x 6' high each if you keep them short and bushy.
Otherwise start them late so they have a short veg.
I’d love that option but currently don’t have that space available

U

UK1Richard

Throw an auto in there with the 2 photos.
Got 2 different strains planned that have a short summer period in there genes my current one’s doing quite well but unsure of the genes or strain etc so next season I’ve got 2 strains planned was going to have 3 but size issues etc isn’t worth cramping an extra plant in just to grow it

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Would this be large enough for 3 plants to grown in a outdoor greenhouse
Definitely. But it would depend on how the plants are grown: The nutrients used, the size of the pots and how the plant is shaped by LST, pruning, etc. It might also help to pay attention to how tall the species & strain can grow. Six feet of height isn't enough to grow a tree.

U

UK1Richard

Definitely. But it would depend on how the plants are grown: The nutrients used, the size of the pots and how the plant is shaped by LST, pruning, etc. It might also help to pay attention to how tall the species & strain can grow. Six feet of height isn't enough to grow a tree.
Am wanting to grow like a tent grow up outdoors etc sounds really stupid doesn’t it haha

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Ive got my seeds for next year already! Wooton!

U

UK1Richard

Well happy growing and hope your govt relaxes laws for ya!
They will do we seem to be about 10 years behind you guys so fingers crossed lol

The 2 strains I’ve selected are both Sativa 20% Indica 80%

Just need to ensure I can contain them within the 2ft by 2ft square size each haha

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Am wanting to grow like a tent grow up outdoors etc sounds really stupid doesn’t it haha
No. It isn't stupid. I wish I could grow in a greenhouse. You have enough floor space for 3 plants or more. I think the height might be more of a problem than the width, though.

U

UK1Richard

No. It isn't stupid. I wish I could grow in a greenhouse. You have enough floor space for 3 plants or more. I think the height might be more of a problem than the width, though.
The strains I selected get to about 1.3 metres high I’ll just have to top them a few times to try and keep them low wouldnt I and do you think 3 would fit in a 6ft wide enclosure without issues ?

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
They will do we seem to be about 10 years behind you guys so fingers crossed lol

The 2 strains I’ve selected are both Sativa 20% Indica 80%

Just need to ensure I can contain them within the 2ft by 2ft square size each haha
Did you choose short plants?

Top Bottom