Pretty sure I have root aphids

• Thread starter zebracake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zebracake

Almost certain it's what I have. Lights are off right now so can't post pictures and the bugs are too small to get an accurate photo. I see these tiny orange/brown bugs crawling around the outside of my fabric pots. I've had springtails before and these are smaller than springtails I thought they were supposed to be bigger but maybe they're at the beginning stage right now. Also some of the fabric pots have this white dew on the tip of the roots poking out of the fabric pot which I heard is a sign of root aphid honeydew.

I'm waiting on spinosad and beauvaria bassiana fungus to ship. For now I'm hitting my root zone with 15ml per gallon of 35% peroxide and 3ml per gallon of ez wet surfactant it's like dish soap. Will this hold them off for a few days? My plants are in day 33 of flower. The one plant that has it the most is getting orange hairs earlier than the other plants. I think only 2 out of my 5 plants have it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure a bug pro will stop by and help you out. Pics would be step 1 tho.

Z

zebracake

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure a bug pro will stop by and help you out. Pics would be step 1 tho.
I'm almost certain and either way I don't wanna risk it this late into flower so I'm still gonna use the spinosad and beneficial fungus once I get it. Just wanna know if peroxide and soap is effective enough to keep the population down or anything else I can try in the meantime. Thinking about doing a root drench with straight up 1-3% peroxide for 5 minutes then flushing it out but don't want to hurt the plants either. I'll post a pic of the white dew tomorrow but the bugs themselves are too small for a photo.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm almost certain and either way I don't wanna risk it this late into flower so I'm still gonna use the spinosad and beneficial fungus once I get it. Just wanna know if peroxide and soap is effective enough to keep the population down or anything else I can try in the meantime. Thinking about doing a root drench with straight up 1-3% peroxide for 5 minutes then flushing it out but don't want to hurt the plants either. I'll post a pic of the white dew tomorrow but the bugs themselves are too small for a photo.
Look on line. There is a very distinct way to tell them. They have 2 shove pipes near their butt.

Z

zebracake

2nd photo is the dew I think. 3rd photo you can see one in the middle of photo. I've never had them before but thought they were supposed to be bigger.

F56F3CAD BD2E 44C0 BC5B A686F0DE0274
E3163663 1620 47A7 900E F2AE7C3A7073
41B46342 24CE 4A07 8C37 6B38E779AFD4
Top Bottom