Price of a Pound in Colorado?

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, so recent trolling/flaming going on in other forums and threads about the price of a pound in Colorado.

I don't think a thread like this is against TOU, they have one under the California sub-forum. So lets discuss it...

Firstly, I'd like to say, is it even legal for a caregiver to sell a pound? Are we talking wholesale for MMCs, or blackmarket? I have been a contract grower for 1+ year and out of the wholesale and caregiver circles, so I have no idea how it works anymore. I know some people are saying top shelf for as low as $2800, and some are saying they are still getting $4k per lb. How and where? Personally, with all these growers all over the state, and patients getting finicky and picky, asking of oz. or more per month for free for high plant counts, I just don't see how $4k is even feasible, unless you are running around selling ounces. $3400-$3600 is understandable for top quality wholesale, at least in bulk. I know of at least one place that is wholesaling to caregivers at $3400 for pretty good meds.

Can't most caregivers only possess 2oz per patient at any given time? Maybe 8oz for edible recs (if your city/county recognizes them). Which means most caregivers can only have 12oz at anytime, and can only (at least on paper) give it to their patients and only charge for services. At best a caregiver can only 3lbs total (assuming 8oz. per patient, caregiver included). So what is everyone doing, going back to the old underground game? What is all this talk of everyone getting $4k? Either you are selling it on the streets, or you are moving it out east, either way, it doesn't sound like its very legal....

Lets not fill this thread with flaming or bickering please. We don't care how good and/or bad your weed is, we are just trying to track prices and the market.

D

DoobyScoo

Where is this coming from Mofo?

How about, with all that weed you 'contract' grow? Where does it go to? How much do people pay for it? How much do you get paid?
I like you, but you are still a transplant, so you gotta 'splain yourself, fool!

P.S. Why do you care what the market is at? You're on contract.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Where is this coming from Mofo?

How about, with all that weed you 'contract' grow? Where does it go to? How much do people pay for it? How much do you get paid?
I like you, but you are still a transplant, so you gotta 'splain yourself, fool!

Just going by what others have posted...

weed below $3000 a lb doesnt need to be cured. :anim_09:
now when its $4k again, yes i will...

I will say that since prices have dropped I have not been spending as much time curing.

You can absolutely get buds for $3k a pound. Most of the time they are pumped full of synthetic chemical nutrients, flushed poorly, cured poorly, trimmed with a trim machine, have traces of floramite and eagle 20, and are a boring high yielding strain, etc...But nobody in my circle who grows organic OG, Bubba, etc are letting anything go for less than $3800-4000....and it's usually spoken for before it's even done curing

then again I can also get a steak dinner at Applebee's for $11.99. That doesn't mean I want it ;)

then again, one man's trash is another man's treasure :)

The market is changing so fast that price varies, but iSK is right, it is certainly possible to buy top quality meds for $3k.

i pay 2850-3100 for top quality cured meds. but then again i buy in bulk :tiphat:

yep $2850-3100 falls in the "inbetween" category

2500 for beasters. $4k for headies. everything else falls inbetween

are you high? i can get dankness in boulder for 3100 tops! usually 2850

yes, I am very well medicated. Thank you for asking. And yes, people who grow top notch hand watered soil grown A grade buds are getting $4k. I have yet to see anything I would put in my pipe go for under $3600

dude this is funny..do you not think i know what good herb is?! the weed i get for 3k~ a lb is nothing like what you described. i usually get organic soil either that or super flushed quality frosty nugs, and i'll be damned if any bud i buy goes through a trim machine. speak for you damn self.

And although caregivers can't vend to dispensaries in CO, Cali has it's thread here on price:

Was just thinking that a thread to gauge market prices in CO would be informative and helpful. Not trying to be a dick. As far as your questions, if you must know, the weed I contract grow goes to a shop far away from me. I don't know who ends up buying it or how much they get for it. I get paid an okay salary, but no more than any hardworking man, I'm sure I share the same tax bracket as 90% of the other people on these boards. I'm far from ballin'...but I am 100%, in and out, legal and inspected...

C

canaguy27

I have heard of $1800 per in the springs, but it was overflow from edibles. $2200-2800 is norm I think. I did talk to a guy that claims he gets $3700 still. I don't know if I believe that when shops are at $25 eighth and some are at $120 an oz.

J-fly

J-fly

Just going by what others have posted...

And although caregivers can't vend to dispensaries in CO, Cali has it's thread here on price:

Was just thinking that a thread to gauge market prices in CO would be informative and helpful. Not trying to be a dick. As far as your questions, if you must know, the weed I contract grow goes to a shop far away from me. I don't know who ends up buying it or how much they get for it. I get paid an okay salary, but no more than any hardworking man, I'm sure I share the same tax bracket as 90% of the other people on these boards. I'm far from ballin'...but I am 100%, in and out, legal and inspected...

No one is 100% legal until they change federal laws. I dont know anyone who buys a pound at a time anymore unless they are going out of state or are form out of state. All the people who used to buy pounds grow there own. I get 3600-4500 per pound depending on how i break them down. Ive heard of people wholesaling to dispensaries and fronting work for little as $2000 a pound. I have a friend who needed rent and sold a pound of diesel for $700. I really would rather break my stuff down and get it to my patients rather than dumping it all for cheap and running out. Also the wholesale warehouse dispensary $2500 stuff is not usually what i consider medical quality.

Good discussion

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Nobody is getting 4k/lb in CO. The current street price for TOP SHELF is approximately as follows: 40-1/8th, 75-1/4, 135-1/2, 225-oz, 800-QP, 3000-lb. And that is best case scenario. There are a lot of rookie growers pushing b grade pot for much less, bringing prices further down every day. It is definitely a buyers market.

Where is it going? The folks buying OZs or less are smoking it themselves, the guys buying QPs are reselling it locally for a small profit and the guys buying elbows are either laundering it through their dispensaries or have hook ups in non medical states and are killing it.

J-fly

J-fly

Nobody is getting 4k/lb in CO. The current street price for TOP SHELF is approximately as follows: 40-1/8th, 75-1/4, 135-1/2, 225-oz, 800-QP, 3000-lb. And that is best case scenario. There are a lot of rookie growers pushing b grade pot for much less, bringing prices further down every day. It is definitely a buyers market.

Where is it going? The folks buying OZs or less are smoking it themselves, the guys buying QPs are reselling it locally for a small profit and the guys buying elbows are either laundering it through their dispensaries or have hook ups in non medical states and are killing it.

Just sold an oz today for $275 foo. I got friends that still get $300 sometimes.
It happens. Plus when you add $40 an 1/8 and sell a pound of 1/8ths thats $5120. So it just depends on how you look at it and who you know. I just want to know whos got cash to buy pounds at once! We are in a recession! No one buys more than an ounce for personal use and most caregivers sell to patients now, not dispensaries anymore.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Yeah, I really want to sell a pound of 1/8ths, sounds fun. Like I said, the ppl who get pounds are dispensaries buying under the table, and guys with hook ups in non med states fetching 4-5k +.

J-fly

J-fly

Yeah, I really want to sell a pound of 1/8ths, sounds fun. Like I said, the ppl who get pounds are dispensaries buying under the table, and guys with hook ups in non med states fetching 4-5k +.

Id rather sell a pound of 1/8ths for 5120 than wholesale for $3,000 a lb.

just depends on how much you got. I hate running out of meds and would rather break down my harvests and get more money in the long run and have meds for my patients, than give it cheap to some dispensary or send it out of state. Plus i dont harvest pounds at a time. Staying small is better for everyone. Better quality and more income for more people than having a few big dogs supplying everyone with cheap beasters.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Id rather sell a pound of 1/8ths for 5120 than wholesale for $3,000 a lb.

just depends on how much you got. I hate running out of meds and would rather break down my harvests and get more money in the long run and have meds for my patients, than give it cheap to some dispensary or send it out of state. Plus i dont harvest pounds at a time. Staying small is better for everyone. Better quality and more income for more people than having a few big dogs supplying everyone with cheap beasters.

If you are running a garden of 4kW of lights or more, breaking it down to Oz or smaller is just a pain in the ass, and dealing all that herb is a distraction to growing. Plus you need to kinda be a "dealer" to do that, or have lots of friends, both of which are somewhat social activities and counter-active to growers' habits. Are you gonna sling 1/8th out of the house you are growing in? Thats a security risk. Plus if you are sitting on all the weight waiting for it to move nickel-and-dime, and hypothetically the cops do show up to count your plants, you will be sitting on too much weight. So if you are a caregiver pulling down a few lbs or more, you want to just clear it out and not look at it. And if that costs you a little per pound, so be it. Its an old rule from the illegal days, don't sit on weight....

J-fly

J-fly

I see your points Greenmopho. I am definatley coming from a smaller perspective. And sitting on a lot of weight is not a good idea, but neither is running out. I really never go under $200 a zone. Thank goodness we are not in the illegal days anymore. Security is an issue and Ive already said too much on this thread. Just wanted to give you my insight and I definatley see your perspective. I'm definatley not turning down anyone if they want an eighth or a pound I'll serve em up all day! Recessions suck. Under $3600 a pound sucks and soon it won't be worth it and the weed will suck and everyone will just grow their own? I'm stoned

D

DoobyScoo

Was just thinking that a thread to gauge market prices in CO would be informative and helpful. Not trying to be a dick.
I didn't think you were, but it just rubbed me the wrong way....till I rubbed it out :)

I'm far from ballin'...but I am 100%, in and out, legal and inspected...
A lotta problem us Colo caregivers have is seeing the state go 'money, money, money!', like the darn Cookie Monster (who btw is a crackhead).
So that 'legal and inspected' to us reads, "alright, we got our gang-bang in this month"..."We'll see you next month for another session"..."And don't forget about our end-of-the-year party. It's going to be like the 'ass-to-ass' scene in Requiem For a Dream."
:party0042:

C

ChickenJoe

Being a caregiver pulling down 6-9 lights every 2 months I cant have all that sitting around my place os its out the door pretty quickly. I was getting $3k but my patients started bitching they couldnt make any money cause the OZ were $200 all day in Denver. I lowered em to $2800 but thats as low as im going. Southern Charm, PRE98 Bubba, KK Strawberry Cough, all top meds, $2800.

I have a real bad feeling that the prices are going to continue to drop. Too much B grade on the market lowering the prices of the really good shit. 95% of the people that buy weed dont know the difference between B and A grade anyway....even when they say they do.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Blame it on the dispensaries, everything was going great till they showed up.

Dorje

Dorje

Blame it on the dispensaries, everything was going great till they showed up.

For growers, yes. For patients, selection and price are as good as they have ever been... SO MUCH better than in the BM days unless you happened to have some good connections.

Also, a lot of dispensaries are struggling right now and are lowering their prices to levels they won't be able to maintain... they are too small to have enough economy of scale to compete with the bigger places. The expenses are high enough a dispensary needs at least 50 lights for flowering to be able to be competitive. So, a lot of dispensaries are going to go out of business but I'm not sure prices will ever go back up to what they used to be. In fact, BoCo has some pretty big greenhouse sites and when they harvest this year and all the CA outdoor comes through the market is really going to bottom out.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

So no one is really getting $4k+ PER pound wholesale, are they? Maybe they are still getting good prices per ounce or smaller, but its wrong to equate that as per pound wholesale. The shop I work for sells my Sour Diesel at $310 per ounce, you don't hear me saying that my weed gets $5k per pound, because by-the-pound, it doesn't. Selling herb by the ounce or smaller is a job in itself. I'd rather just deal with a shop or be a caregiver for patients that can take QPs or more rather than slangin' small bags all day everyday. I haven't done that since I was 19 years old.

If I got 3+ pounds of some of the dankest well grown semi organic flushed nugs around, and I want to just clear all 3 pounds at once, I'm taking a hit on the price for getting it all out the door in one swoop, no matter how good it is.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

For patients, selection and price are as good as they have ever been...

At the expense of quality. Colorado smokers want low price, low price and low price. What they don't acknowledge is that you can't have low price AND high quality. At least not consistently. For some weird reason outdoor and b grade indoor competes with fire in CO.

Not the case in Cali. Stoners there are reportedly willing to spend 65 an 1/8th on fire and wouldn't bother with b grade at any price unless they were planning to cook with it. My long time bro in orange county has been hooked up with a club in costa mesa for the last year and says he has been getting 3600/lb every time he goes in, no haggling, no bullshit. I guess they can't keep fire on the shelves and beg him to grow more each visit.

Maybe somebody smarter than myself can tell me why the markets are so different in the two places and how cali has managed to keep prices stable.

Theories?

J-fly

J-fly

Patients are not legally able to take qp's and I am not legally allowed to sell pounds at a time nor do I know patients that by that much. Dispensaries suck. I would rather break my meds down and get max value than dump them to some dispensary for cheap so they can tax patients. I'll take the Mercedes business model. Make less product at a higher quality and get a better price. I like knowing my patients and interacting with people

Dorje

Dorje

Maybe somebody smarter than myself can tell me why the markets are so different in the two places and how cali has managed to keep prices stable.

Theories?

Colorado consumers are uneducated. Kinda like if wine was suddenly legal, there would be a lot of consumers buying wine who didn't understand what makes for a good bottle.

And from what I've seen, quality in dispensaries is going up. Eventually it'll be more like CA as far as quality but it'll take a while for them to figure it out. I think dispensaries that don't figure it will go out of business soon.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I get $200.00 zip after patients needs are met. My patients are not fiends so their meds are free. All my weight is buried deep, must remember however where the hell its buried!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom