Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

• Thread starter KingHale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingHale

KingHale

As I prepare to finish my second grow ever, I’m also thinking about #3. Some things are already decided:

Genetics: Gorilla Zkittles
Medium: Fox farm happy frog soil
Nutrients: Fox Farm liquid nutrients
Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000W

The question I pose to the community is primarily about DLI or PPFD. I’d been reading that 2000 PPFD was as high as you could reasonably go for greater yields, but I’m not convinced. This is my most recent grow diary where I went for close to 2000 PPFD and it was no different than my old 1200W system I ran at 700 PPFD for my first run. Im open for any criticism or assistance for round 3. Maybe I just need to be introduced to the right book on the subject. Anything that will put my feet on the right path. Thanks again everyone!

Prior planning prevents poor performance
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
As I prepare to finish my second grow ever, I’m also thinking about #3. Some things are already decided:

The question I pose to the community is primarily about DLI or PPFD. I’d been reading that 2000 PPFD was as high as you could reasonably go for greater yields, but I’m not convinced. This is my most recent grow diary where I went for close to 2000 PPFD and it was no different than my old 1200W system I ran at 700 PPFD for my first run. Im open for any criticism or assistance for round 3. Maybe I just need to be introduced to the right book on the subject. Anything that will put my feet on the right path. Thanks again everyone!
Not seeing CO2 ppm on your spreadsheet 🤔

KingHale

KingHale

I haven’t kept temperature or humidity on the spreadsheet either, but the history ranges from 59-77 degrees and has been steadily dropping from where it was at the beginning of flower, 70% humidity, to where it’s been the past few weeks, steady around 55% with the cold.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I don’t actually utilize CO2 because it’s a 4x4 and I didn’t think CO2 would be necessary in a 4x4. I’m guessing that was one of my mistakes. 🥴
I think at over 1200 umol you are leaving a lot of ppfd unused without co2 supplementation. The plants just can't process that much. That's why you are not noticing a difference from your old setup imo. 👍

KingHale

KingHale

Dude thanks for simplifying it like that for me. That makes total sense. I’m just an amateur rookie, anxious to work out the kinks so I can get to where you’re at! The system in your photos looks incredible. I need to learn more about how that operation works. It’s good to have goals right? Thanks again for the help!

KingHale

KingHale

Updated blank chart pretty much ready for the next round. Thanks for all of the guidance!

669CEA75 0351 4E67 88AF 346F0FE573D1
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Updated blank chart pretty much ready for the next round. Thanks for all of the guidance!
Just FYI we get OFF on pics of dank flowers around here.

Spreadsheets...not so much. 👍

I saw your other stuff it's sweet... I'm just teasing 😄😄😄 happy grows

🌱

Top Bottom