Privacy/Security is only relative

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hailstone

There's no such thing as privacy on the net. If they want us they'll get us. Just gotta make it difficult enough to not be worth their time. :)

drpressure600 said:
could someone please tell me if it is dangerous to be using this site now or what, i'm getting to the point i won't be able to sleep
Of course it depends on the size of your operation and the law in your area but to me that sounds worse than what actually getting caught would be... If I were you I'd probably quit posting to the forums if it's making you that paranoid.

I

indodoja

if anyone fucks you, its going to be your isp right? i do not see foreign governments or feds cooperating with state and local governments to bust you. lest you are a shark. i do not think a subculture of stoners ranks high on anyones radar, unless we mobilize to get political about other shit.

P

ProGroWannabe

indodoja...I'm certainly not "the one to listen to" on this type of stuff, but my ISP is the main entity that I try to fool. I have a proxy program that runs on my local machine here (as opposed to a web-based proxy), and it changes some of the info that goes out before my ISP even sees it. I'm not telling anyone else that ths makes me "safe" by any means, but it does make me feel a bit better about what my ISP sees.

I

indodoja

i am just hoping that a super geek with a passion for mary chimes in here. there has got to be a few of you out there that would like to share your perspective. teach us...

F

foxyhacker

longcat is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOONG

.................................................................................................................................. ....................................................................................................................................High-Traffic Colluding Tor Routers in Washington, D.C., and the Ugly Truth About Online Anonymity May 2nd, 2007 With the U.S. Government trying to shut down websites and stealing gold, I feel the need to discuss communications security,

hehe
btw. TL;DR

relax :poolparty

T

Titoon_29

For sure nobody is totally safe on the internet...

my advice would be:
-1st : watch out what you say
-2nd : Always use tor or a proxy
-3rd : Encrypt all of your computer "dangerous" pictures, text, mp, using true crypt

I think as explained in the article, the best and easiest way keep a little privacy would be to use a bootable usb key, configured with all your stuff, so each time you want to access internet you boot on this key, nothing stay on your computer, if you got hacked (probably wont ever happen anyway) they will only find the part on your key and won t have other personnal information.

For sure you can t be totally safe, BUT if you take at least the precautions i listed, you makes it a lot harder to find you.
Personally, my only fear would be that a website i ve been accessing get busted, and they are able to retrieve the IP and contacts ISP for the adress....
It s unlikely that the ISP give your name to the police, and if you use TOR/proxy they won t have no clue what you re doing.
IMO, being totally safe and paranoid is useless, just being more than the average people will let the police taking care of these people if any bust, and making you too hard and long to locate....

+++

P

phoenix

The only people that have something to fear from such agencies[nsa,dea,mi5 etc]are the cash croppers,or anyone doing thingson a large,organised scale.
However,not sure there aren't other types on the net with a variety of intentions for collecting your data.
you can only do so much,and although its completely natural to worry it wont acheive anything,but you should do whatever it is that allows you to sleep at night.

K

kill-9

Everything in the first post is correct except the ISP thing, if you use vidalia/tor. The URL requests are forwarded to another DNS server, not your ISPs. Truecrypt couldn't hurt. But I figure if you have your computer in the middle of thousands of plants, the computer would be the last worry of yours if you got raided by the DEA.

A truecrypt partition to store sensitive information like grow spots(but you'd be stupid to write it down anywhere in the first place), journals, emails of contacts, etc.

Communication on the internet also relies on the server like thcfarmer.com there is no https:// and I don't know if logic logs ip addresses or not. What is also of importance is which country the server is located in, if they are so eager to cooperate with authorities or not.

W

woody420

I have been reading this and what a trip man, Its fucked up that we even have to think this way for growing a plant man lol. I just think its crazy man to have to worried about growing. that's way I moved backed to cali to free up the mind. Good luck 2 all stay safe.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
& the bottom line is ? . .

could someone please tell me if it is dangerous to be using this site now or what, i'm getting to the point i won't be able to sleep thinking about some copper setting himself up with a user name monitoring everyone & somewhere along the line busted everyone, paranoid i am, but at the end of the day, i do believe that they are indeed to busy to check small rooms when they are taking out old schools, hotels, pubs, wharehouses, full of weed everyday in all countrys, ''any opinions'' . .

p.s, yo pro, i've 1 week left 4 1 of my crops & the buds are that heavy, they are falling over now, ha ha, ''anxious i am'' . .
This site is hosted over in Spain pay for a Vpn if you worried this site is the least of your problems, your power bill would get you 1st if in a non med or recreational state

Latest posts

Top Bottom