Pro-grip light hangers...failure.

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
these things are great, quick and convenient but they will not hold what they are rated for. i had a set rated for 150 lbs. i had 2 magnum xxxl 8 inch hoods on a bar that weighed 10-15 lbs tops. the left side hanger gave way and the light fell and crushed the plants some point thru last night. If you are gonna uses these i would not go over 75lbs total. my set is brand new just opened maybe it was a faulty unit i don't know. im still gonna use them cuz i haven't found anything easier, but i will not put more then 1 light/hood on them.

waayne

waayne

Man that's a drag brotha !
I hate equipment failures and now day's with so much low quality equipment being made in China the failure rate on
equipment is insanely high.I bought a case of Grow bags the other day and almost all 1000 were defective,they didn't seal the bottom seam!
I wish some one would step up and start manufacturing
quality equipment again!
I make a trip to the Hydro store almost weekly to return faulty bulbs,timers, ballasts, fans, etc.
:passingjoint:

B

Buddy Flowers

damn twist, taht's shitty man. sorry to hear that. thanks for the report though cause i was just about to go buy these.

F

f1ydave

Twist you can always use an electric winch, it would def hold much more weight.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>That is exactly why I use rope:)

gtd

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
As far as the ease factor>>tie the rope up in a triangle type fashion to the hoods A hangers, and with a eye hook on the ceiling and a eye hook up high on the wall to tie onto makes a great pulley type set up>>with ease:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah they are wicked cool but they wont work on rated weight they guy at the hydro store warened me at 1st. im like they just came out hes like look at them they are plastic how the fuck can they hold 150LBS

B

Buddy Flowers

twist- dude at your local shop sounds like a douche bag. after he said that did you ask him if he sells any other products with bullshit info on the labeling?

beezleb878

beezleb878

Sounds like the hydro store guy was calling it out how he sees it and not just shilling a product. Sounds like a good guy to me.

L

lucky14

these things are great, quick and convenient but they will not hold what they are rated for. i had a set rated for 150 lbs. i had 2 magnum xxxl 8 inch hoods on a bar that weighed 10-15 lbs tops. the left side hanger gave way and the light fell and crushed the plants some point thru last night. If you are gonna uses these i would not go over 75lbs total. my set is brand new just opened maybe it was a faulty unit i don't know. im still gonna use them cuz i haven't found anything easier, but i will not put more then 1 light/hood on them.

Have you emailed to complain to Pro grip as it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about the matter.

I've just bought 8 sets myself an the last thing I need is for them to fail unexpectedly.
In the uk there also seem to be two different versions of the pro grip both identical as far as the unit itself except for one which has in-bossed the letters xrt, on the packet one says sun systems pro grip on it an the other doesn't an just states Rope Ratchet, they have identical
labelling an description etc so presume they both must come from the same factory in China.
Just to add they were both bought from a large Hydro chain in the uk so i hope they are not supplementing some of the stock with seconds as such.

Any Thoughts guys??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I looked at these things briefly when my husband was building my room a couple of years ago, read of too many failures so, I opted for a more 'tried-and-true' route.
>>That is exactly why I use rope:)

gtd
I'm a chain-gal. Love hangin' 'em, love yankin' 'em.
:damnhippie:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i think if you are just gonna hang 1 light from them they will be fine, but that rating of 150 lbs is bullshit i didnt open mine up but i can see its plastic inside. how the hell can plastic hold 150 lbs or 75 lbs each hanger?

J

John Smith Esq.

thats a nightmare come true...just be glad it didn't start a fire....

im with seamaiden- chains are safe as houses! might not be that cheap but if it were me id be looking to put two hangers on each light. -its the only way i would ever trust that brand again.

M

mrdizzle

14g-16g wire is your best friend you'll ever have in a grow room. set up eye hooks and you can rise and lower shit i second. Been using it for 5yrs no problem

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont have a pic of the ones hanging up my 400 mh. but i was there it is starting to get a bend like the one that failed (pictured) just not as much. it has a slight bent lip. i took a pic of the broken one. just to show were it will happen. the more i think about it i cant believe magnum xxxl would endorse these without testing them. thier hoods are the heaviest out there. The idea is great i dont know who its gonna be but the person that makes a durable set of these will be making some loot. these things are just made of plastic, its my fault for not really paying attention and looking at them.

here is a pic of the failed one but it shows the bent lip thats happening on the ones on the 400 watt mh and hood, which probably weighs 20-25 lbs?

DSC 0030
~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
That sucks cause i was gonna make a sex bondage room with em and most the girls I know are 150+ lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually, there are already products out there that are far more reliable than those made for stoners.

Just sayin'. You might wanna look into it. eBay is a good place to start.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Those hooks have been working fine to hold my radiants and those bithches r heavy. Hope i don't have that same issue or were gonna have an uprising! Jk. Sorry to hear about that kid! Hope those girls r ok.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I have used the sunlight versoin that are $20. Seem to work just fing with T5 4x 4Ft, cool sun 6" and even a 6" carbon filter! Just went out for some magmums XXL and needing to buy more ropepuller like them. Was about to use these types for them too.

The fix?
Flipping threw a magz and saw some new ones called "the boss" Seems to look vary over kill in the design for light pullers. Check it out, I will because i read ever post so far here....

Latest posts

Top Bottom