Pro mix-bx, Who's running it?

• Thread starter Mr.Toque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.Toque

Was good fam, so after speaking to a good friend of mine, i've changed my plan of using FFOF on my next run, instead im going with Pro mix-bx with added perlite, i'd like to know who else is running this soiless mix and what your experience is with it, please add pics of your grow if possible and what nutes you combined with it, im still pretty much fresh to farming so i wanna have plenty info to fall back on if needed, once again thanks fam................Mr. Toque

X

Xceptional

i've used it with good results. i ran it with and without extra pearlite. without worked in my hotter mid 80's room just fine. like any other medium the liquid retention should manipulated by adding pearlite to adjust for your temp. in a cooler room i'd run more pearlite and in a warmer room i'd run less. that's my .2 cents i just dont want it drying out too fast in a mid 80's room because of too much pearlite and end up watering daily.

i run a hydro system as well so its nice to be able to feed them from the res and not have to mix up a special batch like i would need to with soil.

X

Xceptional

it's a hydroponic medium run it as such. i run mine in high 5's low 6's if i mix it for soiless but if it comes from my res it's usually around 5.7.

M

Mr.Toque

i've used it with good results. i ran it with and without extra pearlite. without worked in my hotter mid 80's room just fine. like any other medium the liquid retention should manipulated by adding pearlite to adjust for your temp. in a cooler room i'd run more pearlite and in a warmer room i'd run less. that's my .2 cents i just dont want it drying out too fast in a mid 80's room because of too much pearlite and end up watering daily.

i run a hydro system as well so its nice to be able to feed them from the res and not have to mix up a special batch like i would need to with soil.

Good lookin out Xceptional, I'm planning on runnin 3 gal. Pots as the final stage, I wouldn't mind watering every other day since I'm on a smaller scale, runnin 8-10 3 gal. In a 2x4x6.5 tent. With 600hps , would u say a promix/perlite mix of 75/25 would be good?

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Man your good buddy is full of shit.. you better go out back and get some of that good old red clay from the cotton field.. the hell with promix..lol..
Naw im kidding bro.. I use and love Promix/perlite.. I mix around 60/40.. or 50/50.. depends on size of pot and feeding schedule really.. If I had to recommend a soilless medium it would be Promix or Sunshin #4...

M

Mr.Toque

Man your good buddy is full of shit.. you better go out back and get some of that good old red clay from the cotton field.. the hell with promix..lol..
Naw im kidding bro.. I use and love Promix/perlite.. I mix around 60/40.. or 50/50.. depends on size of pot and feeding schedule really.. If I had to recommend a soilless medium it would be Promix or Sunshin #4...

Awwwwww shoooki shoooki now looky who we gots here lol, kkk wats good bro, my cotton field is in the works bro, u ready ? Que onda pues wey? Te me duermes lol

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

lol.. Usted sabe que biselo hablo ese jibberish enorme. ¿qué usted consiguió de cocinar allá de todos modos?

420king-MASSES

i have run promix with great success and i always add 20-30%perlite and a cup of dolomite lime per 5 gallons of mix

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
Promix bx is good stuff...I used it exclusively before I changed over to coir. The promix hp is good to. For you guys getting the bx and adding perlite...save yourself some work and extra $ and just get the hp--(high porosity) it has extra perlite...and I'm pretty sure it costs the same as the bx.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ive been using Promix BX & PGX for years. I mainly use the PGX for rooting and seedlings. I love this stuff.. I mix up the BX about 4/1 with perlite. For outdoor guerilla grows I mix in homemade compost. The mycorrhizae makes roots go nuts!! This is good shit, and I wouldnt use anything else!

chadkush

chadkush

Can you use this stuff to germ seeds in? I'd like to buy this stuff and make my own soil mix. And add some top soil as well guanos ect ect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Was good fam, so after speaking to a good friend of mine, i've changed my plan of using FFOF on my next run, instead im going with Pro mix-bx with added perlite, i'd like to know who else is running this soiless mix and what your experience is with it, please add pics of your grow if possible and what nutes you combined with it, im still pretty much fresh to farming so i wanna have plenty info to fall back on if needed, once again thanks fam................Mr. Toque
Have not ever used it, but funny you should post this thread because I just picked up a bale this weekend at Lowe's. It's recommended for soil blocking as a premium (the BEST) medium. I'd like to compare it to some other media.

sixstring

sixstring

promix rocks,this thread is almost 3 years old lol.treat it more like coco or hydro and plants will love it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
promix rocks,this thread is almost 3 years old lol.treat it more like coco or hydro and plants will love it.
<facepalm> No, not facepalmy enough... hold on.

Tactical facepalm

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I have been running a ph of 6.3-6.4 in Pro-Mix HP. Seems to work great in Veg and the first 4 weeks of flower. I have had problems with the last 2 runs showing nutrient deficiencies around week 4-5 of flower. I suspect the high PH, or not enough flushing.

Edit- promix, EWC, and perlight 7-1-2

kevinn

kevinn

Seamaiden
is promix at Lowes something new ??? I cann't find it my Lowes store. Is it over with the potting soil ?
Thanks

Top Bottom