Pro-mix Hp And Calmag

• Thread starter StatedGhost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StatedGhost

Just a quick question. Sorry if it has been asked before but the search does not want to work for me.

I plan to start growing in pro-mix HP and I know it already has DL in it. Would calmag still be required or will the DL be enough?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It depends on if your water has enough calcium in it as well. With ro water it may be needed. It has been stripped of elements. With tap or well water about 150 ppm mineral content is usually good. Too high alkalinity causes problems.

sixstring

sixstring

i use very little to none in veg,in flower i use it about once a week on stuff growing with chem nutes and very rarely in the organic stuff.

S

StatedGhost

Thanks everyone. I won't be using RO water, I'm getting roughly 130ppm at my tap. Just trying to organize what I need since the closest hydro store is about 3 hours away.

H

hantastic

some strains like alot of cal/mag like gg4 and ogs. i use it in both veg/flower adjusting the dosage.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yeah im using promix bx+ and jacks with r/o water.plenty of mag in the jacks and what i have seen,weed does not require much calcium at all

Well they put the right amount of 2 kinds of lime in the promix. But that’s what I wanted to know thank you.

I have been afraid to switch to jacks or something with no added calcium. Really I probably have too much with ocean forest, well water and it in the pure Blend Pro and need to leach my pots to clear roots.

sixstring

sixstring

Well they put the right amount of 2 kinds of lime in the promix. But that’s what I wanted to know thank you.

I have been afraid to switch to jacks or something with no added calcium. Really I probably have too much with ocean forest, well water and it in the pure Blend Pro and need to leach my pots to clear roots.
yeah i would think o.f. and well water would be plenty with the jacks,you should try a small batch.shits super cheap and easy

Top Bottom