pro mix hp feed/flush question heat stress or salt build up with pics coming tonight

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

pro mix hp heat stress or salt build up pictures please help

heres some pictures with lights off going to take a few more in a min ok here we go i got a question again . i will post up pics once my dark cycle is over and i can get in there with the ladys. ok now for the question i have a flower bed in my room fill with about 6in or so of promix hp i added nothing but prelite and ag lime to the mix. i have been feeding nutes to the girls each time i have to water them. heres what i have been feeding them with

pro bloom
cal mag
liqiuid karma
roots
drip clean
multizen
algen extract
sweet
open sesame for the first two week ever other feeding then im about to switch over to beastie bloomz tonight

i have NOT gave them any water so from just food they look really good i think. im running co2 at 1300ppm with temps 82-88 plus r/o water. i just dont want salt build up i will post some pics later but i have to feed tonight with beastie bloomz i just dont want to end up with salt build up later on in the game. should i be giving them water some days? there just eating like crazy i would hate to stave them girls by just giving them r/o water. this is my first run using r/o water and promix. im a green house soil guy but i got a little room here that is kinda of a hobby im getting into its fun as hell to have control over the grow wahaha. so what it boils down to is do you have give them water once in a while when using promix hp? i guess you will have to wait atill i up load a few pics on here to really clue me in if i have a salt build up issue or a heat stress issue or if my girls are ok. my temp gun says the tops of the plants is at 85deg that is good in my book. i just have a few leafs kinda looking like a boat or something fill me

C

CHEMLORD

ok here we go i got a question again . i will post up pics once my dark cycle is over and i can get in there with the ladys. ok now for the question i have a flower bed in my room fill with about 6in or so of promix hp i added nothing but prelite and ag lime to the mix. i have been feeding nutes to the girls each time i have to water them. heres what i have been feeding them with

pro bloom
cal mag
liqiuid karma
roots
drip clean
multizen
algen extract
sweet
open sesame for the first two week ever other feeding then im about to switch over to beastie bloomz tonight

i have NOT gave them any water so from just food they look really good i think. im running co2 at 1300ppm with temps 82-88 plus r/o water. i just dont want salt build up i will post some pics later but i have to feed tonight with beastie bloomz i just dont want to end up with salt build up later on in the game. should i be giving them water some days? there just eating like crazy i would hate to stave them girls by just giving them r/o water. this is my first run using r/o water and promix. im a green house soil guy but i got a little room here that is kinda of a hobby im getting into its fun as hell to have control over the grow wahaha. so what it boils down to is do you have give them water once in a while when using promix hp? i guess you will have to wait atill i up load a few pics on here to really clue me in if i have a salt build up issue or a heat stress issue or if my girls are ok. my temp gun says the tops of the plants is at 85deg that is good in my book. i just have a few leafs kinda looking like a boat or something fill me

You're adding dripclean to your nutrient solution?

C

CHEMLORD

The only people that I personally know that use Drip Clean run drip-fed Rockwool slab or Hugo block systems and I know that they only use it in between res changes. Having done some more research on it, I now know that it is in fact designed to be used concurrently with your feed solution. I always assumed that it was some kind of surfectant, like Clearex for instance. Never mind, in other words and good luck with your Promix run. I am currently using 50/50 Promix and perlite, which increases watering frequency and allows me to sneak in 2 or 3 clearex doses throughout the cycle. Food for thought.

W

woody420

check this out bro
Filed under: Podcasts
Ask-a-Grower Podcast #2 – House & Garden Nutrients Drip Clean
Posted on Mar 18, 2011 3 Comments »

Transcription:
Introducing Drip Clean
We are here talking about Drip Clean, one of House & Garden’s top notch products, probably one of the only ones on the market like it. The only to ensure you no salt build up and mineral deposit build ups in drip lines, and keeps everything tasting amazing.
Q: Is Drip Clean Only For Drip Systems?
Originally Drip Clean was designed to help keep your drip systems clean, but it actually stops any toxic levels of salt from being stored up in the leaves of the plant, which we all know takes at least a couple of weeks to flush out. And doesn’t taste very desirable at all either.
Q: How Is Salt Getting In Our Fresh Water?
All mineral based nutrients are built on salt molecules. So basically when you add your base nutrient fertilizers, those are all salt based fertilizers. What Drip Clean does is actually form an ionic bond with those salt molecules, so when it's flushed through it grabs the salt molecule and drags it out with it. One of the things you need to know about Drip Clean is that you wouldn’t want to introduce this product after you have been using salt based fertilizers for a long time. Say you’ve used salt based fertilizers all the way through the vegetative stage, and you go a couple of weeks into bloom, you wouldn’t want to introduce Drip Clean at that point at full strength, because it’s going to take all that salt that is built up in the containers, the tubing, or the medium, and it's going to flush it all through the root system. It will take it all up and potentially burn your plants. So you want to use Drip Clean from the very beginning all the way through. So anytime from the very beginning of using NPK salt base fertilizers, all the way through you are going to want to use Drip Clean. It’s another one of these super concentrated products from House & Garden. You will use it at a rate of .4 milliliters per gallon. That translates roughly to 20 drops per gallon of water, totally keep your piping and medium and everything free of salt build up.
Q: Drip Clean, Can You Use It With Any Other Product Out There?
You know again, just like I said earlier with Roots Excelurator, you’ll want to use the House & Garden products, there’s no getting around that. But if you are sold on your old school ways and want use something else, you can definitely use Drip Clean with all other salt based nutrients. Again, you are just going to want to use it from the very beginning from the first time you introduce fertilizer until the very end. And also when using Drip Clean, it allows you to not have as long as a of a flush period towards the end. Because Drip Clean forms an ionic bond with the other salts in the watering, you can flush for only 3-4 days at the end, rather than a full week. And you do not need to use a cleaning agent with it. Using Drip Clean during the whole life, and then fresh water at the end will be a suitable flush.
Q: Does Drip Clean Take Anything Away From The Soil?
Not at all, it’s just helping break down the harder minerals in the soil as much as the the drip line or any other medium you choose to use to make sure its released and actually usable for the plant. Any nutrients in excess tend to be stored into the plants leaf which inhibits the flavor. So Drip Clean ensures that these things are broken down and actually used by the plant instead of stored in the excess in the leaves which can actually burn the plant.

hey are you running co2? i will post up some pics here in like an hour or so. i have been feeding like crazy i dont see signs of salt build up but i want to make sure i dont first time using drip clean and pro mix o hope i dont have to give them water atill week 8 1/2

hiboy

hiboy

Its good to water without nutes once or twice during your flowering cycle to decrease salt/nute build up
h

W

woody420

Its good to water without nutes once or twice during your flowering cycle to decrease salt/nute build up
h

i know bro but does drip clean allow me to feed feed feed i got light heavy heavy light and so on pics coming in an hour hang with me

W

woody420

h
its hard man not to feed there just eating it up maybe u can look at my pics later and tell me if i need to just give them water bro

C

CHEMLORD

hey are you running co2? i will post up some pics here in like an hour or so. i have been feeding like crazy i dont see signs of salt build up but i want to make sure i dont first time using drip clean and pro mix o hope i dont have to give them water atill week 8 1/2

Yep, running sealed rooms with 4 and 5 ton Excel XL AC's and generating 36,000 btu's with my propane burners @ 1500 ppm until week 6.

Like I said before, if you lighten the mix, you will be feeding more often and thus have wiggle room to squeeze in a few mega-runoff Clearex waterings during your cycle. You could do this in conjunction your drip clean usage to ensure maximum salt elimination.

W

woody420

well i put the lights up to 12 inches from tops hope that helps alittle

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
My guess is that your ph is too high...you added lime and and the solution you are feeding with may not be acidic enough (is 6.3 ??) and lock out is occurring.
Drop the ph of your solution for the next couple of feedings (5.3-5.6) and see if health improves.
FJ

W

woody420

should i check my run off with my ppm ph meter after i water to see what my ph is, so you really thing this is a ph problem i remember checking my ppms and ph before i put my lady in the soil it was at around 6.7 i figure it would drop by know guess i wil have to check it again

W

woody420

please any body fill free to help me out ob this one. i justed moved my lights up last night to about a foot away from girls. my leafs and top all say 82-85 deg with my temp gun so i think heat stress is out of the question the hotest the leafs and tops got where about 90-92 maybe for a few hours or so with the hoods about 6-8in away from tops

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

please any body fill free to help me out ob this one. i justed moved my lights up last night to about a foot away from girls. my leafs and top all say 82-85 deg with my temp gun so i think heat stress is out of the question the hotest the leafs and tops got where about 90-92 maybe for a few hours or so with the hoods about 6-8in away from tops
Im guessing your question is what p.h.? I use hp promix, nothing else added. All house and garden nutes and addatives, the whole line up plus some extras. I p.h to 5.8 every time even when flushing with plain r/o water. I also use drip clean in EVERY feeding and never flush till the final week. short flush cause the drip clean is used throughout the whole grow. Remember, pro mix is more like rockwool than soil,so base your p.h on that.

Top Bottom