Pro-mix hp?????

• Thread starter peter tosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

peter tosh

anybody else use it? if so, what nutes and method of watering? what size pots? ever compared it to anything else? so those are my questions. my answers are i have used it for about 1 year and its all ive ever used. i use humboldt nutrients 3 part line of nutes and hand water every 2-3 days. my pots are 5 gal now but i have had success with both 2 and 3 gal pots. I can compare it to general hydroponics nutes and tell you humbolt nutes blow that shit away. i am now using 2 gal smart pots (allows air through) for the new batch coming up. my plan is to keep them in those pots for the rest of the grow. i just went with 5 galllons this time because I wanted to grow some monsters. i also plan on trying roots coco sometime and canna coco nutes, its just neither of which are stocked at my local stores so its kinda a pain to get them. another thing i want to get is an under current system someday as i have yet to ever try a full hydro setup. so thats my ramblings after some nice rips of headband which btw is one i recommend highly. here is a pic from about a month ago. i will post more after i take them tommorow. thanks guys!

Pro mix hp
P

peter tosh

pics!

pics from this morning. the vert cfl is the first of 6 i plan on hanging with a mixture of 2700k and 6500k. i could go more i know or use hps but that shit aint cheap and i'm broke until i finish this rip! i might do a grow log not sure. i dont know why the lighting looks so wierd maybe its because i used my phone as a camera if anyone could tell me go right ahead please. one of the pics is a Dinafem Fruit Autoflower i started from a freebie seed. one is a california orange and its my biggest ive got now or ever had indoors.

one thing i wanted to show you guys was the moisture that has been collecting on my leaves and see if anyone could tell me why its doing that (last pic). my humidity is around 55-60 and my temp is around 77-84 lights on and it gets down as low as 72 lights off. should i worry about it?

still lookin for other pro-mix growers i know its only been 1 day since i started the thread but i am impatient haha thx farmers!

CIMG0066
CIMG0071
CIMG0073
CIMG0076
CIMG0079
CIMG0089
CIMG0085
C

croniholic

I use the Pro mix HP. I use Advanced Nutes A+B and have great results. I have also used Sunshine Mix #4 and several other peat based grow mediums. I don't see much difference in all of them to be honest.

P

peter tosh

thanks for the responses guys. so anybody compared it to coco? its good to know that sunshine mix is no difference btw i kinda figured that.

yeah i cut in like 20% perlite to the HP i forgot to mention that. ive used it without the perlite and it works fine too, i was just trying to stretch it out and make it a little lighter this time. i used the BX one time and made the mistake of not cutting it with perlite, which almost killed my plants from too much moisture. i had to transplant them to HP and they bounced back eventually. so if using BX i would maybe do a 50/50 mix with perlite.

i moved one fan to hit the canopy better and now the moisture situation seems to be solved. still think its wierd how my leaves were sweating, thats a new one for me.

A

antimatter

I used to use sunshine mix/pro mix, canna coco now and I prefer canna coco because I don't have to worry about the medium ever getting soggy and I use smaller containers. its hydro and I treat it like hydro not soil, I don't really know if coco is faster because im growing different strains in it, and there are some pretty fantastic soil growers out there who get 2+ a light. I pay something like $25-$29 for a 13 gallon bag of coco where I could get a 60 uncompressed gallons of sunshine mix in a compressed bale for around the same price O.O lol

Will I continue to use coco ? probably unless someone gives me a good reason not to, I never plan on using more than 16-20 gallons per 1k of it as its expensive and I don't see any reason to use more than that.

P

peter tosh

thanks antimatter. yeah im gonna stick with my 2 gal smartpots and get some coco. i have already ordered roots coco from my local shop so i will be using it for sure. plus i still have some pro mix left so i will probably do a side by side comparison with one of my strains just for the hell of it. however, all this wont happen for at least a few more weeks becuase my veg plants need to grow more before i can take clones and start running in coco. ive got a ton of crap going on right now with trying to sex 4 different strains i got from regular seed and meanwhile flowing out some plants i had to bring back from near death when i got them. fyi 2 ft plants dont do well in 32 oz cups! and they had mites when i got them too! i nursed them bitches for 2 months in veg before i started flowering, making sure i got them back to nice and healty. and the genetics arent even all that either, my new strains should blow this shit away, but i had to work with what i had available to me at the time. btw i have gotten 5 lbs running under 4 1k before using pro mix. usually i am happy if i get a pound per 1000w, but i need to try scrogging once i get things sorted out with these strains and see what i'm working with. my new strains are raskals og, nuken, jillybean, and ak-47 for all those curious, like i said, some good shit!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I run a modified version of Subby's mix

(2) Bales Promix HP 3.8 cu.ft.
(1) 30# bag of earthworm castings
(1) 5# bag of blood meal
(1) 5# bag of bone meal
(1) Cups Lime (dolamite or sweet, powder or grain)
(2) Cups Azomite
(1) 5# Bat Guano (phosphorus heavy)
(1) Bag of Canna Coco
(1) Cup Epsom Salt
Water till damp and turn for 10-30 days before use for best results

If I run Sunshine #4 instead of Promix HP I toss in a bag of Fox Farm Light Warrior for the benificials

The only thing I do with this mix is feed straight water till the last 4-5 weeks of flower I give them blackstrap molasses as a bloom booster and nothing else.....100% organic start to finish.

Tex

P

peter tosh

thanks tex i might have to try that for my guerrilla grow next summer! ive already been thinking i was gonna use sub's mix. any reason you prefer your version over his?

A

antimatter

Is it really pre amended with bat guano, premium earth worm castings, fish bone meal, feather meal, green sand, mycorrihzae, glacial rock dust, soybean meal, humic acid, and many more? . sounds good man, I use liquid hydro nutes but organic and coco sounds nice.

P

peter tosh

i dont think it really has too many nutes in it otherwise they wouldnt call it a soilless medium. it basically has just enough nutes to get going after transplant. one nice thing is it is ready to go vs other coco you have to presoak in nutes prior to planting. i plan on switching from the humboldt nutrients 3 part hydro nutes to canna coco a&b nutes. I'm not gonna mess with organics, i have tried running in soil with humboldt nutrients organic line and the final product sucked ass compared to the 3 part hydro nutes. It was tastier bud, but the yield sucked and i need to get paid! i think promix is ok but my bet is the roots coco will be better. ive heard nothing but good things about it.

P

peter tosh

I don't like it cuz it has too much vermiculite

so what does that mean, it holds too much water? what about cutting it with perlite to make it lighter? btw youre the first person ive heard say a bad thing about roots organics meduim! it seems like everybody loves it.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Roots 707 is a hot mix but the Roots soil is not near as dosed with stuff.

Tex

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

hey tex, im thinking about running your modified super soil, and im curious how long do you veg in this mix before flowering? would i keep the recipe the same for a outdoor plant vegging from april-august as i would with a smaller plant vegging for only a month....im thinking as long as each pot has the right amount of super soil for each scenario that ill be ok.....any info would be appreciated,thanks

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
4-6 week veg is no problem with this mix, you syill want to add the molasses or a little bloom boost in flower.

If you do extended veg times, you may need to feed just a little at the end of the process. I usually transplant to the bigger pot right before flower so it is not an issue.

Outdoors April to August no problem and I still hit with the molasses of booster fisrt of August

Tex

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

4-6 week veg is no problem with this mix, you syill want to add the molasses or a little bloom boost in flower.

If you do extended veg times, you may need to feed just a little at the end of the process. I usually transplant to the bigger pot right before flower so it is not an issue.

Outdoors April to August no problem and I still hit with the molasses of booster fisrt of August

Tex
How far away from flower would you transpla t into bigger pots? No stunting as the roots expand?

Top Bottom