Pro-Mix Indoor Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter GockBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GockBuds

GockBuds

Currently setting up a grow, only have 4 under my belt and haven't grown in 2 years. All previous were successful, but deciding to ditch the bottled nutes and go with an Organic soil mix that will hopefully feed my girls from start to finish.... mostly.
6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' tent
(2) 315w CMH lights
flowering will be in 7 gallon smart pots

I'm hoping to get some good input on my soil mix. I am completely new to organic soil growing, TLO, Live soil..? I dont even know the terminology yet, feel me?!
For starters, I got some pro mix and a bunch of organic soil amendments. Experienced indoor guys, please let me know what I don't need, what I should add, and any other advice, etc...
I started with a mix that i pieced together using a couple different recipes I found on the interwebssss.

Soil Mix:
3 cubic ft Pro-mix BX (M)
.5 cubic ft Perlite
1 cubic ft Malibu Compost/ Bu's Blend (probably need more??)
1 cup of blood and bone meal
1.5 cups of Kelp meal
1.5 cups of Neam meal
1.5 cups of Shrimp meal
2 cups of crushed Oyster shells
1.5 cups of Alfalfa meal
3 cups of earthworm castings

Do i need anything like CalMag or anything for Humic Acid down the road.
I plan on shaking some Great White on the roots when I transplant. Starting my seeds in Fox Farm Happy Frog in solo cups. Transplanting into 2 Gallon smart pots of the above soil mix after 2 weeks. Then transplanting to 7 gallon smart pots, also with the above soil mix for flower.

Cheers and thanks,

Gock

SativaKid

SativaKid

Currently setting up a grow, only have 4 under my belt and haven't grown in 2 years. All previous were successful, but deciding to ditch the bottled nutes and go with an Organic soil mix that will hopefully feed my girls from start to finish.... mostly.
6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' tent
(2) 315w CMH lights
flowering will be in 7 gallon smart pots

I'm hoping to get some good input on my soil mix. I am completely new to organic soil growing, TLO, Live soil..? I dont even know the terminology yet, feel me?!
For starters, I got some pro mix and a bunch of organic soil amendments. Experienced indoor guys, please let me know what I don't need, what I should add, and any other advice, etc...
I started with a mix that i pieced together using a couple different recipes I found on the interwebssss.

Soil Mix:
3 cubic ft Pro-mix BX (M)
.5 cubic ft Perlite
1 cubic ft Malibu Compost/ Bu's Blend (probably need more??)
1 cup of blood and bone meal
1.5 cups of Kelp meal
1.5 cups of Neam meal
1.5 cups of Shrimp meal
2 cups of crushed Oyster shells
1.5 cups of Alfalfa meal
3 cups of earthworm castings

Do i need anything like CalMag or anything for Humic Acid down the road.
I plan on shaking some Great White on the roots when I transplant. Starting my seeds in Fox Farm Happy Frog in solo cups. Transplanting into 2 Gallon smart pots of the above soil mix after 2 weeks. Then transplanting to 7 gallon smart pots, also with the above soil mix for flower.

Cheers and thanks,

Gock
Looks good mate! I suggest you figure out how to recycle the soil as it gets sweeter ever use. Dolomite Lime replaces Cal Mag but you need to add small amounts every recharge. About a 1/4 cup to that size. And I add a teaspoon to my 15 gallon dechlor barrel. I water with fish emulsion about 1/4 strength in Veg and Banana Peel Tea every week in flower. And lower the blood meal and up the bone meal. Bone meal is great because it breaks down slowly even over a few grows. To recycle re add the meals and some dolomite.

Top Bottom